Currency hedging for international stock portfolios: The usefulness of mean-variance analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Other versions of this item:
- Roon, F.A. de & Nijman, T.E. & Werker, B.J.M., 2003. "Currency hedging for international stock portfolios: The usefulness of mean variance analysis," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91684, Tilburg University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bansal, Ravi & Dahlquist, Magnus, 2000.
"The forward premium puzzle: different tales from developed and emerging economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 115-144, June.
- Bansal, Ravi & Dahlquist, Magnus, 1999. "The Forward Premium Puzzle: Different Tales from Developed and Emerging Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2169, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990.
"Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1991. "Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 225-62, April.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of security market data for models of dynamic economies," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 29, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Frans A. de Roon & Theo E. Nijman & Chris Veld, 2000.
"Hedging Pressure Effects in Futures Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1437-1456, 06.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1984. "Forward and spot exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-338, November.
- Cumby, Robert E & Glen, Jack D, 1990. " Evaluating the Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 497-521, June.
- Jobson, J D & Korkie, Bob, 1984. " On the Jensen Measure and Marginal Improvements in Portfolio Performance: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 245-51, March.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-86, December.
- Jobson, J. D. & Korkie, Bob, 1982. "Potential performance and tests of portfolio efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 433-466, December.
- Chen, Zhiwu & Knez, Peter J, 1996. "Portfolio Performance Measurement: Theory and Applications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 511-55.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Kallal, Hedi, 1997. " Risk Premia and Variance Bounds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1913-49, December.
- Jeroen Rombouts & E.W. Rengifo, 2004.
"Dynamic Optimal Portfolio Selection in a VaR Framework,"
Cahiers de recherche
04-05, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- RENGIFO, Erick & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2004. "Dynamic optimal portfolio selection in a VaR framework," CORE Discussion Papers 2004057, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luis Berggrun, 2005. "Currency Hedging for a Dutch Investor: The Case of Pension Funds and Insurers," DNB Working Papers 054, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Daskalaki, Charoula & Skiadopoulos, George, 2011. "Should investors include commodities in their portfolios after all? New evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2606-2626, October.
- Kroencke, Tim Alexander & Schindler, Felix & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2011.
"International diversification benefits with foreign exchange investment styles,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-028, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Tim A. Kroencke & Felix Schindler & Andreas Schrimpf, 2011. "International Diversification Benefits with Foreign Exchange Investment Styles," CREATES Research Papers 2011-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Fernandez-Izquierdo, Angeles & Lafuente, Juan Angel, 2004. "International transmission of stock exchange volatility: Empirical evidence from the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, August.
- Kroencke, Tim Alexander & Schindler, Felix, 2011.
"International diversification with securitized real estate and the veiling glare from currency risk,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kroencke, Tim A. & Schindler, Felix, 2012. "International diversification with securitized real estate and the veiling glare from currency risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1851-1866.
- Schindler, Felix & Kröncke, Tim-Alexander, 2011. "International Diversification with Securitized Real Estate and the Veiling Glare from Currency Risk," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48705, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Jimenez-Martin, Juan-Angel & Gonzalez-Serrano, Lydia, 2013.
"Currency hedging strategies, strategic benchmarks and the Global and Euro Sovereign financial crises,"
50940, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2013.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Lydia González-Serrano, 2013. "Currency hedging strategies, strategic benchmarks and the Global and Euro Sovereign financial crises," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 2013-36, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Mansourfar, Gholamreza & Mohamad, Shamsher & Hassan, Taufiq, 2010. "The behavior of MENA oil and non-oil producing countries in international portfolio optimization," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 415-423, November.
- Susan Thorp, 2004. "That Courage is not inconsistent with Caution: Foreign Currency Hedging for Superannuation Funds," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 148, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.