The adequacy of investment choices offered by 401(k) plans
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6-7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geert Bekaert & Michael S. Urias, 1996.
"Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds,"
NBER Working Papers
4990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bekaert, Geert & Urias, Michael S, 1996. " Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 835-69, July.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Luttmer, Erzo G J, 1995.
"Econometric Evaluation of Asset Pricing Models,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 237-74.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Nellie Liang & Scott Weisbenner, 2004.
"401(k) matching contributions in company stock: costs and benefits for firms and workers,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brown, Jeffrey R. & Liang, Nellie & Weisbenner, Scott, 2006. "401(k) matching contributions in company stock: Costs and benefits for firms and workers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1315-1346, August.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Nellie Liang & Scott Weisbenner, 2004. "401(k) Matching Contributions in Company Stock: Costs and Benefits for Firms and Workers," NBER Working Papers 10419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roon, F.A. de & Nijman, T.E. & Werker, B.J.M., 1998.
"Testing for mean-variance spanning with short sales constraints and transaction costs: The case of emerging markets,"
1998-07, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nijman, T.E. & Roon, F.A. de & Werker, B.J.M., 2001. "Testing for Mean-Variance spanning with short sales constraints and transaction costs: The case of emerging markets," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86724, Tilburg University.
- Frans A. de Roon, 2001. "Testing for Mean-Variance Spanning with Short Sales Constraints and Transaction Costs: The Case of Emerging Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 721-742, 04.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-86, December.
- Blake, Christopher R & Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1993. "The Performance of Bond Mutual Funds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 370-403, July.
- James M. Poterba, 2003. "Employer Stock and 401(k) Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 398-404, May.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2000.
"The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
7682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2001. "THE POWER OF SUGGESTION: INERTIA IN 401(k) PARTICIPATION AND SAVINGS BEHAVIOR," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1149-1187, November.
- Gur Huberman & Paul Sengmueller, 2004. "Performance and Employer Stock in 401(k) Plans," Review of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 403-443.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(2), pages 133-57, April.
- Gavazza, Alessandro, 2011.
"Demand Spillovers and Market Outcomes in the Mutual Fund Industry,"
30074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandro Gavazza, 2011. "Demand spillovers and market outcomes in the mutual fund industry," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 776-804, December.
- Tang, Ning & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Mottola, Gary R. & Utkus, Stephen P., 2010. "The efficiency of sponsor and participant portfolio choices in 401(k) plans," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 1073-1085, December.
- Cashman, George D., 2012. "Convenience in the mutual fund industry," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1326-1336.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J. & Blake, Christopher R., 2007. "Participant reaction and the performance of funds offered by 401(k) plans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 249-271, April.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Zhu, Joe & Watson, John & Galagedera, Don U.A., 2012. "Best-performing US mutual fund families from 1993 to 2008: Evidence from a novel two-stage DEA model for efficiency decomposition," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3302-3317.
- Ning Tang & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2008. "The Efficiency of Pension Plan Investment Menus: Investment Choices in Defined Contribution Pension Plans," Working Papers wp176, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Clemens Sialm & Laura Starks & Hanjiang Zhang, 2014. "Defined Contribution Pension Plans: Sticky or Discerning Money?," Discussion Papers 13-022, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.