Overinvestment, Tobin's q and gains from foreign acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (1995)
Issue (Month): 7 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deshpande, Shreesh & Svetina, Marko & Zhu, PengCheng, 2012. "Analyst coverage of acquiring firms and value creation in cross-border acquisitions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 212-229.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Huang, Ping-Chang, 2002. "Corporate multinationalism, organizational learning, and market reaction to international joint ventures: Evidence from Taiwan," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 181-194.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Kolodny, Richard & Scheraga, Carl, 1996. "Cross-border acquisitions and shareholder wealth: Tests of the synergy and internalization hypotheses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1559-1582, November.
- Kyaw, NyoNyo A. & Manley, John & Shetty, Anand, 2011. "Factors in multinational valuations: Transparency, political risk and diversification," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-67, February.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2005.
"Do External Funds Yield Lower Returns? Recent Evidence From East Asian Economies,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Driffield, Nigel & Pal, Sarmistha, 2006. "Do external funds yield lower returns?: Recent evidence from East Asian economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 171-188, February.
- Sarmistha Pal & Nigel Driffield, 2003. "Do External Funds Yield Lower Returns ? Recent Evidence From East Asian Economies," Finance 0309002, EconWPA, revised 15 Mar 2004.
- Moeller, Sara B. & Schlingemann, Frederik P., 2005. "Global diversification and bidder gains: A comparison between cross-border and domestic acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 533-564, March.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Sen, Nilanjan & Lim, Chee Yeow & Yeo, Gillian H. H., 2002. "Corporate focus versus diversification: the role of growth opportunities and cashflow," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 231-252, July.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liu, Yichen, 2004. "Why firms use convertibles: A further test of the sequential-financing hypothesis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1163-1183, May.
- Doukas, John A. & Pantzalis, Christos, 2003. "Geographic diversification and agency costs of debt of multinational firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 59-92, January.
- Eckert, Stefan & Dittfeld, Marcus & Muche, Thomas & Rässler, Susanne, 2010. "Does multinationality lead to value enhancement? An empirical examination of publicly listed corporations from Germany," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 562-574, December.
- Du, Julan & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chu, Derek, 2013. "Return enhancing, cash-rich or simply empire-building? An empirical investigation of corporate real estate holdings," MPRA Paper 44253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.