An empirical analysis of the economic implications of fair value accounting for investment securities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne Beatty, 1995. "The effects of fair value accounting on investment portfolio management: how fair is it?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 25-39.
- Barth, Mary E. & Landsman, Wayne R. & Wahlen, James M., 1995. "Fair value accounting: Effects on banks' earnings volatility, regulatory capital, and value of contractual cash flows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 577-605, June.
- Lys, Thomas, 1984. "Mandated accounting changes and debt covenants : The case of oil and gas accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-65, April.
- Healy, Paul M. & Kang, Sok-Hyon & Palepu, Krishna G., 1987. "The effect of accounting procedure changes on CEOs' cash salary and bonus compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-34, April.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-53, September.
- Thompson, Rex, 1985. "Conditioning the Return-Generating Process on Firm-Specific Events: A Discussion of Event Study Methods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 151-168, June.
- Hilary, Gilles, 2003. "Accounting behavior of German firms after an ADR issuance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 355-376.
- Ben Hamida, Nessrine, 2007. "Évaluation empirique des impacts des évènements ayant abouti à l'adoption de l'IAS 39 sur les cours boursiers des banques françaises cotées," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2803, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lys, Thomas, 1996. "Abandoning the transactions-based accounting model: Weighing the evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 155-175, October.
- Armstrong, Christopher & Barth, Mary E. & Jagolinzer, Alan D. & Riedl, Edward J., 2006. "Market Reaction to Events Surrounding the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Research Papers 1937, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ben Hamida, Nessrine, 2007. "Evaluation empirique des impacts des événements ayant abouti à l'adoption de l'IAS 39 sur les cours boursiers des banques françaises cotées," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2329, Paris Dauphine University.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Rezaee, Zabihollah & Tehranian, Hassan, 1996. "An investigation of capital market reactions to pronouncements on fair value accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 119-154, October.
- Christopher S. Armstrong & Mary E. Barth & Alan D. Jagolinzer & Edward J. Riedl, 2008. "Market Reaction to the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-032, Harvard Business School.
- Dominique Dufour & Gregory Heem, 2013. "Les pratiques bancaires en matière de valorisation des instruments financiers en IFRS," Post-Print hal-00999675, HAL.
- Gregory Heem & Dominique Dufour, 2012. "Crise financière et comptabilité : le cas du reclassement des instruments financiers dans les banques européennes," Post-Print halshs-00721108, HAL.
- Mary Barth & Wayne Landsman, 2010. "How did Financial Reporting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 399-423.
- David Procházka, 2011. "The Role of Fair Value Measurement in the Recent Financial Crunch," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 71-88.
- Ramesh, K. & Revsine, Lawrence, 2000. "The effects of regulatory and contracting costs on banks' choice of accounting method for other postretirement employee benefits," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 159-186, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.