Conditioning the Return-Generating Process on Firm-Specific Events: A Discussion of Event Study Methods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 20 (1985)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- da Graça, Tarcisio B., 2010. "Improving the statistical power of financial event studies: The inverse variance weighted average-based test," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 803-817, September.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2009.
"Escape from New York: the market impact of loosening disclosure requirements,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2010. "Escape from New York: The market impact of loosening disclosure requirements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 129-147, February.
- Beatty, Anne & Chamberlain, Sandra & Magliolo, Joseph, 1996. "An empirical analysis of the economic implications of fair value accounting for investment securities," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 43-77, October.
- Huang, Roger D. & Li, Hang, 2009. "Does the market dole out collective punishment? An empirical analysis of industry, geography, and Arthur Andersen's reputation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1255-1265, July.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim & Lauterbach, Beni, 1997. "Market microstructure and securities values: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 365-390, September.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Switzer, Lorne & Jiang, Li, 1995. "Stock market crash behavior of screen-sorted portfolios," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 227-244.
- Jason Karceski & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2005.
"The Impact of Bank Consolidation on Commercial Borrower Welfare,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 2043-2082, 08.
- Jason Karceski & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2000. "The impact of bank consolidation on commercial borrower welfare," International Finance Discussion Papers 679, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Karceski, J. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2000. "The Impact of Bank Consolidation on Commercial Borrower Welfare," Discussion Paper 2000-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Rongbing Huang & James G. Tompkins, 2010. "Corporate governance and investor reactions to seasoned equity offerings," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 603-628, July.
- Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C. & Michalsen, Dag, 1999.
"Distressed relationships: Lessons from the Norwegian banking crisis,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2000/01, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C. & Michalsen, D., 2000. "Distressed Relationships: Lessons from the Norwegian Banking Crisis," Discussion Paper 2000-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C. & Michalsen, Dag, 2003. "Firms and their distressed banks: lessons from the Norwegian banking crisis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 81-112, January.
- Mosebach, Michael, 1999. "Market response to banks granting lines of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1707-1723, November.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia L. & Skvortsov, Leonid, 2010. "Efficiency and the trading system: The case of SETSmm," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 509-518, December.
- Park, Jong-Hun & Kim, Kwangsoo, 1999. "International alliance formation and stock market responses:: Industry globalization as an environmental contingency," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 267-284.
- John M. Abowd & George T. Milkovich & John M. Hannon, 1989.
"The Effects of Human Resource Management Decisions on Shareholder Value,"
NBER Working Papers
3148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & George T. Milkovich & John M. Hannon, 1990. "The effects of human resource management decisions on shareholder value," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 203-236, February.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2008. "Escape from New York: the market impact of SEC Rule 12h-6," International Finance Discussion Papers 945, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Steven Ongena & David C. Smith & Dag Michalsen, 2000. "Firms and their distressed banks: lessons from the Norwegian banking crisis (1988-1991)," International Finance Discussion Papers 686, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stehle, Richard & Seifert, Udo, 2003. "Stock Performance around Share Repurchase Announcements in Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,48, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.