ADR mispricing: Do costly arbitrage and consumer sentiment explain the price deviation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money.
Volume (Year): 17 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Roell & Joseph Zechner, 1999.
"The Geography of Equity Listing; Why Do Companies List Abroad?,"
CSEF Working Papers
28, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2002. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2651-2694, December.
- Pagano, Marco & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc Simpson & Sanjay Ramchander, 2002. "Is differential sentiment a cause of closed-end country fund premia? An empirical examination of the Australian case," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 615-619.
- W. Jos Jansen & Niek J. Nahuis, 2002.
"The Stock Market and Consumer Confidence: European Evidence,"
MEB Series (discontinued)
2002-11, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Jansen, W. Jos & Nahuis, Niek J., 2003. "The stock market and consumer confidence: European evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 89-98, April.
- Rabinovitch, Ramon & Silva, Ana Cristina & Susmel, Raul, 2003. "Returns on ADRs and arbitrage in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-247, September.
- Pontiff, Jeffrey, 1996. "Costly Arbitrage: Evidence from Closed-End Funds," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1135-51, November.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, December.
- Errunza, Vihang R. & Miller, Darius P., 2000. "Market Segmentation and the Cost of the Capital in International Equity Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 577-600, December.
- Maria W. Otoo, 1999. "Consumer sentiment and the stock market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark H. Lang & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller, 2003. "ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-345, 05.
- Wang, Ming-Chieh, 2013. "Is there a reversal in the price discovery process under different market conditions? Evidence from Korean ADRs and their underlying foreign securities," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1160-1174.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011.
"The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 526-539, January.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011. "The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 526-539.
- Demirer, Rıza & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhang, Huacheng, 2014. "Do ADR investors herd?: Evidence from advanced and emerging markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 138-148.
- Omar Esqueda & Dave Jackson, 2012. "Currency depreciation effects on ADR returns: evidence from Latin America," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 691-711, July.
- Alsayed, Hamad & McGroarty, Frank, 2012. "Arbitrage and the Law of One Price in the market for American depository receipts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1258-1276.
- Wang, Xue & Yao, Lee J. & Fang, Victor, 2013. "Stock prices and the location of trade: Evidence from China-backed ADRs," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 677-688.
- Akhtar, Shumi & Faff, Robert & Oliver, Barry & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2011. "The power of bad: The negativity bias in Australian consumer sentiment announcements on stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1239-1249, May.
- Dey, Malay K. & Wang, Chaoyan, 2012. "Return spread and liquidity: Evidence from Hong Kong ADRs," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 164-180.
- Gagnon, Louis & Andrew Karolyi, G., 2010.
"Multi-market trading and arbitrage,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 53-80, July.
- Malay K. Dey & Chaoyan Wang, 2008. "Return Spread and Liquidity on Chinese ADRs," NFI Working Papers 2008-WP-09, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Chen, Jun & Tse, Yiuman & Williams, Michael, 2009. "Trading location and equity returns: Evidence from US trading of British cross-listed firms," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 729-741, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.