Quadratic stochastic intensity and prospective mortality tables
AbstractWe consider a quadratic stochastic intensity model with a Gaussian autoregressive factor, derive explicit formulas for predictive mortality tables and recursive updating formulas are also provided. We also explain how to use appropriately the Kalman filter to estimate the parameters of the model and to approximate the values of the underlying factor. This methodology is applied to French human mortality tables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Gourieroux & Alain Monfort, 2007. "Quadratic Stochastic Intensity and Prospective Mortality Tables," Working Papers 2007-30, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2006.
"A note on stochastic survival probabilities and their calibration,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
5-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Elisa Luciano & Elena Vigna, 2005. "A note on stochastic survival probabilities and their calibration," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 1-2005, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Constantinides, George M, 1992. "A Theory of the Nominal Term Structure of Interest Rates," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 531-52.
- Leippold, Markus & Wu, Liuren, 2002.
"Asset Pricing under the Quadratic Class,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 271-295, June.
- Brouhns, Natacha & Denuit, Michel & Vermunt, Jeroen K., 2002. "A Poisson log-bilinear regression approach to the construction of projected lifetables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 373-393, December.
- Christian Gourieroux & Razvan Sufana, 2005.
"A Classification of Two Factor Affine Diffusion Term Structure Models,"
2005-42, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Christian Gourieroux & Razvan Sufana, 2006. "A Classification of Two-Factor Affine Diffusion Term Structure Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 31-52.
- Dahl, Mikkel & Moller, Thomas, 2006. "Valuation and hedging of life insurance liabilities with systematic mortality risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 193-217, October.
- Dong-Hyun Ahn & Robert F. Dittmar, 2002. "Quadratic Term Structure Models: Theory and Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 243-288, March.
- Menoncin, Francesco, 2008.
"The role of longevity bonds in optimal portfolios,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 343-358, February.
- Schrager, David F., 2006. "Affine stochastic mortality," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 81-97, February.
- Darrell Duffie & Rui Kan, 1996. "A Yield-Factor Model Of Interest Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 379-406.
- Christian Gourieroux & Joann Jasiak, 2007.
"Introduction to The Econometrics of Individual Risk: Credit, Insurance, and Marketing
[The Econometrics of Individual Risk: Credit, Insurance, and Marketing]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Yoosef Maghsoodi, 1996. "Solution Of The Extended Cir Term Structure And Bond Option Valuation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 89-109.
- Kevin M. White, 2002. "Longevity Advances in High-Income Countries, 1955-96," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(1), pages 59-76.
- Biffis, Enrico, 2005. "Affine processes for dynamic mortality and actuarial valuations," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 443-468, December.
- Renshaw, A. E. & Haberman, S., 2003. "On the forecasting of mortality reduction factors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 379-401, July.
- C. Gourieroux, 2006. "Continuous Time Wishart Process for Stochastic Risk," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2-3), pages 177-217.
- Joan Jasiak & D. Feng & C. Gourieroux, 2006.
"The Ordered Qualitative Model For Credit Rating Transitions,"
2006_2, York University, Department of Economics.
- Feng, D. & Gourieroux, C. & Jasiak, J., 2008. "The ordered qualitative model for credit rating transitions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Dahl, Mikkel, 2004. "Stochastic mortality in life insurance: market reserves and mortality-linked insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 113-136, August.
- Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2006. "A Two-Factor Model for Stochastic Mortality with Parameter Uncertainty: Theory and Calibration," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 687-718.
- Serge Darolles & Christian Gourieroux & Joann Jasiak, 2006. "Structural Laplace Transform and Compound Autoregressive Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 477-503, 07.
- Christian Gourieroux & Yang Lu, 2013. "Long Term Care and Longevity," Working Papers 2013-16, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David, 2010. "Securitizing and tranching longevity exposures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 186-197, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.