A Classification of Two-Factor Affine Diffusion Term Structure Models
AbstractDai and Singleton (2000) introduced a typology of affine diffusion models when the domain of admissible values of the factors is an intersection of half planes and under some additional constraints on the parameters. This condition on the domain and the additional sufficient constraints are restrictive and can considerably diminish the practical interest of affine models. In this article we successfully address the research agenda sketched by Duffie, Filipovic, Schachermayer (2003, section 12.2, p. 1042). A systematic investigation is performed and our article provides a complete typology in the two-factor case, without prior restrictions on the domain and on the parameters. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Econometrics in its journal Journal of Financial Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://jfec.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Gourieroux & Razvan Sufana, 2005. "A Classification of Two Factor Affine Diffusion Term Structure Models," Working Papers 2005-42, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Gourieroux & Alain Monfort, 2007.
"Quadratic Stochastic Intensity and Prospective Mortality Tables,"
2007-30, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 2008. "Quadratic stochastic intensity and prospective mortality tables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 174-184, August.
- Alain Monfort & Fulvio Pegoraro, 2007.
"Switching VARMA Term Structure Models - Extended Version,"
2007-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Monfort, A. & Pegoraro, F., 2007. "Switching VARMA Term Structure Models - Extended Version," Working papers 191, Banque de France.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Sufana, Razvan, 2011. "Discrete time Wishart term structure models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 815-824, June.
- Cheridito, Patrick & Filipovic, Damir & Kimmel, Robert L., 2006. "Affine Term Structure Models," Working Paper Series 2007-2, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.