Regional integration and import prices: an empirical investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Petith, Howard C, 1977. "European Integration and the Terms of Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 262-72, June.
- Marston, Richard C., 1990. "Pricing to market in Japanese manufacturing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 217-236, November.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Gasiorek, Michael & Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J., 1992. "`1992': Trade and Welfare; A General Equilibrium Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 672, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1989.
"Symmetric pass-through of tariffs and exchange rates under imperfect competition: An empirical test,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 25-45, August.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1987. "Symmetric Pass-Through of Tariffs and Exchange Rates Under Imperfect Competition: An Empirical Test," NBER Working Papers 2453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Winters, L Alan, 1997. "Regionalism and the Rest of the World: Theory and Estimates of the Effects of European Integration," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 134-47, Supplemen.
- Kreinin, Mordechai E. & Plummer, Michael G., 1992. "Effects of economic integration in industrial countries on ASEAN and the Asian NIEs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1345-1366, September.
- Winters, L. Alan & Won Chang, 1997. "Regional integration and the prices of imports : an empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1782, The World Bank.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001.
"Should Credit be Given for Autonomous Liberalization in Multilateral Trade Negotiations?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2000. "Should credit be given for autonomous liberalization in multilateral trade negotiations?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2374, The World Bank.
- Masahiro Endoh & Koichi Hamada & Koji Shimomura, 2008.
"Can a Preferential Trade Agreement Benefit Neighbor Countries without Compensating Them?,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000002091, David K. Levine.
- Masahiro Endoh & Koichi Hamada & Koji Shimomura, 2008. "Can a Preferential Trade Agreement Benefit Neighbor Countries without Compensating Them?," Working Papers 961, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Endoh, Masahiro & Hamada, Koichi & Shimomura, Koji, 2008. "Can a Preferential Trade Agreement Benefit Neighbor Countries without Compensating Them?," Working Papers 45, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2004.
"International integration and regional inequalities : how important is national infrastructure ?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens, 2011. "International Integration And Regional Inequalities: How Important Is National Infrastructure?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(5), pages 952-971, 09.
- Andr� Sapir, 2011. "European Integration at the Crossroads: A Review Essay on the 50th Anniversary of Bela Balassa's Theory of Economic Integration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1200-1229, December.
- Jad Chaaban & Alban Thomas, 2008. "A Structural Model for Evaluating the Sector-specific Impacts of Preferential Trade Agreements," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 73-88, March.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"Countries, regions and trade: on the welfare impacts of economic integration,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1936, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigne, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2007. "Countries, regions and trade: On the welfare impacts of economic integration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1277-1301, July.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2005.
"Chile´s Regional Arrangements: The Importance of Market Access and Lowering the Tariff to Six Percent,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Rómulo A. Chumacero & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel ( (ed.), General Equilibrium Models for the Chilean Economy, edition 1, volume 9, chapter 9, pages 303-344
Central Bank of Chile.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2003. "Chile’s Regional Arrangements: the Importance of Market Access and Lowering the Tariff to Six Percent," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 238, Central Bank of Chile.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2013. "How do free trade agreements change import prices? : firm-level evidence from China's imports from ASEAN," IDE Discussion Papers 436, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Schiff, Maurice & Chang, Won, 2001.
"Market presence, contestability, and the terms-of-trade effects of regional integration,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2532, The World Bank.
- Schiff, Maurice & Chang, Won, 2003. "Market presence, contestability, and the terms-of-trade effects of regional integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 161-175, May.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco Ireo Paolo & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2003. "Inter-regional and International Trade: Seventy Years After Ohlin," CEPR Discussion Papers 4065, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.