Bayesian learning in an infant industry model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1994.
"Diffusion as a Learning Process: Evidence from HYV Cotton,"
228, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Besley, T. & Case, A., 1994. "Diffusion as a Learning Process: Evidence from HYV Cotton," Papers 174, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1993.
"Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search,"
1993_20, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1998. "Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 60-74, January.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1993. "Miracle on Sixth Avenue: Information Externalities and Search," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1665, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Grossman, Gene M, 1984.
"International Trade, Foreign Investment, and the Formation of the Entrepreneurial Class,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 605-14, September.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1983. "International Trade, Foreign Investment, and the Formation of the Entrepreneurial Class," NBER Working Papers 1174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul, 1993. "Idea gaps and object gaps in economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 543-573, December.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, . "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hoff, Karla, 1994. "A reexamination of the neoclassical trade model under uncertainty," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 1-27, February.
- repec:fth:coluec:681 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro,Helen, 1994. "Engines of Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521416405, October.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "Decreasing Costs in International Trade and Frank Graham's Argument for Protection," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1243-68, September.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E. M., 1995. "Optimal industrial targeting with unknown learning-by-doing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 275-295, May.
- Wolfgang Mayer, 1984. "The Infant-Export Industry Argument," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 249-69, May.
- Kyle Bagwell & R. Staiger, 1987.
"The Role of Export Subsidies When Product Quality is Unknown,"
758, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Staiger, Robert W., 1989. "The role of export subsidies when product quality is unknown," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 69-89, August.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 1988. "The Role Of Export Subsisies When Product Quality Is Unknown," NBER Working Papers 2584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1971.
"On Optimum Subsidy to a Learning Industry: An Aspect of the Theory of Infant-Industry Protection,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 12(1), pages 54-70, February.
- P. K. Bardhan, 1967. "On Optimum Subsidy to a Learning Industry: An Aspect of the Theory of Infant Industry Protection," Working papers 10, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Christophe Chamley, 1983.
"Entrepreneurial Abilities and Liabilities in a Model of Self-Selection,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 70-80, Spring.
- Christophe Chamley, 1981. "Entrepreneurial Abilities and Liabilities in a Model of Self-Selection," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 580, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rob, Rafael, 1991. "Learning and Capacity Expansion under Demand Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 655-75, July.
- Kanbur, S M, 1979. "Of Risk Taking and the Personal Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 769-97, August.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John V, 1993. "Sectoral Shocks, Learning, and Aggregate Fluctuations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 777-94, October.
- Krueger, Anne O & Tuncer, Baran, 1982. "An Empirical Test of the Infant Industry Argument," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1142-52, December.
- Evenson, Robert E. & Westphal, Larry E., 1995. "Technological change and technology strategy," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2209-2299 Elsevier.
- Jensen, Richard, 1982. "Adoption and diffusion of an innovation of uncertain profitability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 182-193, June.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1987. "Micro Shocks and Aggregate Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 395-409, May.
- Stoneman, P., 1980. "The rate of imitation, learning and profitability," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-183.
- Clague, Christopher, 1991. "Relative Efficiency, Self-Containment, and Comparative Costs of Less Developed Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 507-30, April.
- Alessandro Nicita & Marcelo Olarreaga & Isidro Soloaga, 2003. "The Region as an Export Platform to the World? The Case of Mercosur," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 442-451.
- Rafael, MONER-COLONQUES & Vicente, ORTS & José J., SEMPERE-MONERRIS, 2003. "The Strategic Role of Information Asymmetry on Demand for the Multinational Enterprise," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Carlo Altomonte & Enrico Pennings, 2003. "Oligopolistic Reaction to Foreign Investment in Discrete Choice Panel Data Models," Working Papers 243, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Ralph Ossa, 2006. "A Gold Rush Theory of Economic Development," CEP Discussion Papers dp0719, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wagner, Rodrigo & Zahler, Andrés, 2011.
"New exports from emerging markets: do followers benefit from pioneers ?,"
30312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigo Wagner & Andrés Zahler, 2011. "New Exports from Emerging Markets:Do Followers Beneit from Pioneers ?," Working Papers 18, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002.
"Economic Development as Self Discovery,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3356, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Dani Rodrik, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," NBER Working Papers 8952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," Working Paper Series rwp02-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Kotseva, Rossitsa & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Exports Dynamics with Demand Learning," CEPR Discussion Papers 5262, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Pennings, Enrico, 2008. "Learning from foreign investment by rival firms: Theory and evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1203-1217, September.
- Klimenko, Mikhail M., 2004. "Industrial targeting, experimentation and long-run specialization," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 75-105, February.
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 2006. "The case for industrial policy : a critical survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3839, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.