Credit constraints and human capital accumulation in the open economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1990.
"Human Capital, Product Quality, and Growth,"
883, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 104(3), pages 537-64, August.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1988. "Income Distribution, Market Size, and Industrialization," NBER Working Papers 2709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, May.
- George Psacharopoulos, 1985. "Returns to Education: A Further International Update and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 583-604.
- Findlay, Ronald & Kierzkowski, Henryk, 1983. "International Trade and Human Capital: A Simple General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 957-78, December.
- Flam, Harry & Helpman, Elhanan, 1987. "Vertical Product Differentiation and North-South Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 810-22, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1970. "Factor Price Equalization in a Dynamic Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 456-88, May-June.
- Min Wang, 2014. "Optimal education policies under endogenous borrowing constraints," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 135-159, January.
- Gersbach, Hans & Schmutzler, Armin, 2005.
"The Effects of Globalization on Worker Training,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4879, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sylvain Dessy & Flaubert Mbiekop & Stéphane Pallage, 2005.
"On the Mechanics of Trade-Induced Structural Transformation,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Dessy, Sylvain & Mbiekop, Flaubert & Pallage, Stéphane, 2010. "On the mechanics of trade-induced structural transformation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 251-264, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2004:i:16:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Megumi Mochida, 2004. "Educational loan and human capital accumulation in a small open economy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(16), pages 1-10.
- Joël Hellier, 2012. "The North-South HOS Model, inequality and globalization," Working Papers 244, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 2002. "Does globalization hurt the poor?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2922, The World Bank.
- Spiros Bougheas & Richard Kneller & Raymond Riezman, 2011.
"Optimal Education Policies And Comparative Advantage,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 538-552, December.
- Spiros Bougheas & Richard Kneller & Raymond Riezman, . "Optimal Educational Policies and Comparative Advantage," Discussion Papers 09/02, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Spiros Bougheas & Richard Kneller & Raymond Riezman, 2009. "Optimal Education Policies and Comparative Advantage," CESifo Working Paper Series 2631, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ranjan, Priya, 2001. "Dynamic evolution of income distribution and credit-constrained human capital investment in open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 329-358, December.
- Hans Gersbach & Armin Schmutzler, 2004. "Globalization and General Worker Training," SOI - Working Papers 0403, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Patrick Artus, 2006. "Intégration commerciale avec des pays émergents ayant des ressources importantes en main-d'œuvre qualifiée. Quels effets pour les pays européens ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(4), pages 673-704.
- Chesnokova, Tatyana & Krishna, Kala, 2009.
"Skill acquisition, credit constraints, and trade,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 227-238, March.
- Andrus Oks, 2001. "Efficiency Of The Financial Intermediaries And Economic Growth In Ceec," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 8, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Teraji, Shinji, 2003. "Borrowing constraints, non-homothetic preferences, and trade," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 165-184, June.
- Bonfatti, Roberto & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2013. "Trade and the allocation of talent with capital market imperfections," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 187-201.
- Ranjan, Priya, 2003. "Trade induced convergence through human capital accumulation in credit-constrained economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 139-162, October.
- Rossana Patrón, 2009. "Trade liberalization in a Heckscher–Ohlin model: Does public skill formation change the conventional results?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1809, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Chesnokova, Tatyana, 2007. "Immiserizing deindustrialization: A dynamic trade model with credit constraints," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 407-420, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.