Post-entry expansion in banking: The case of Portugal
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 13 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1989.
"Firm Entry and Post-Entry Performance in the U.S. Chemical Industries,"
89-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J & Samuelson, Larry, 1989. "Firm Entry and Postentry Performance in the U.S. Chemical Industries," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages S233-71, October.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Firm Entry And Post-Entry Performance In The U.S. Chemical Industries," Papers 0-88-4, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Firm Entry And Post-Entry Performance In The U.S. Chemical Industries," Papers 7-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716.
- Gilbert, Richard J., 1989.
"Mobility barriers and the value of incumbency,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 475-535
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernández de Guevara y Rodoselovics, Juan & Humphrey, David & Maudos, Joaquin, 2009. "Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking," MPRA Paper 17612, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernández de Guevara y Rodoselovics, Juan & Humphrey, David & Maudos Villarroya, Joaquín, 2005.
"Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking: an application to the Spanish case,"
15259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carbó Valverde Santiago & Fernández de Guevara Radoselovics Juan & Humphrey David & Maudos Villarroya Joaquín, 2005. "Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking: an application to the Spanish case," Working Papers 201023, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Vesala, Jukka, 1998. "Delivery Networks and Pricing Behaviour in Banking: An Empirical Investigation Using Finnish Data," Research Discussion Papers 18/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Leo Kaas, 2004. "Financial market integration and loan competition: when is entry deregulation socially beneficial?," Working Paper Series 403, European Central Bank.
- Pinho, Paulo Soares de, 2000. "The impact of deregulation on price and non-price competition in the Portuguese deposits market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1515-1533, September.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997.
"Entry and Survival: The Case of Foreign Banks in Norway,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
97-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2002. "Entry and survival: the case of foreign banks in Norway," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-153, June.
- Calcagnini,G. & Bonis,R. de & Hester,D.D., 1999. "Determinants of bank branche expension in Italy," Working papers 32, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Canhoto, Ana, 2004. "Portuguese banking: A structural model of competition in the deposits market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 41-63.
- Andrew Cohen & Michael J. Mazzeo, 2004. "Competition, product differentiation and quality provision: an empirical equilibrium analysis of bank branching decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001. "Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1583-1602, December.
- Lorenzo Ciari & Riccardo De Bonis, 2011. "Entry decisions after deregulation: the role of incumbents' market power," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 50, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1999. "At Last the Internationalization of Retail Banking? The Case of the Spanish Banks in Latin America," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-41, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.