Monitoring changes in economy-wide energy efficiency: From energy-GDP ratio to composite efficiency index
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Se-Hark, 1992. "Decomposition of industrial energy consumption : An alternative method," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 265-270, October.
- Nanduri, Mallika & Nyboer, John & Jaccard, Mark, 2002. "Aggregating physical intensity indicators: results of applying the composite indicator approach to the Canadian industrial sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 151-163, January.
- Freeman, Scott L. & Niefer, Mark J. & Roop, Joseph M., 1997. "Measuring industrial energy intensity: practical issues and problems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 703-714.
- Ang, B. W., 1987. "A cross-sectional analysis of energy--output correlation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 274-286, October.
- World Bank, 2003. "World Development Indicators 2003," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13920.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, N., 2006. "A cross-country analysis of aggregate energy and carbon intensities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2398-2404, October.
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Ang, B. W., 1991. "A statistical analysis of energy coefficients," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 93-110, April.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Hanson, Donald A. & Sterner, Thomas, 1988. "Decomposition of changes in energy intensity : A comparison of the Divisia index and other methods," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 309-312, October.
- Choi, Ki-Hong & Ang, B.W., 2012. "Attribution of changes in Divisia real energy intensity index — An extension to index decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 171-176.
- Cahill, Caiman J. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2010. "Monitoring energy efficiency trends in European industry: Which top-down method should be used?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6910-6918, November.
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li, 2010. "Total-factor energy productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change: An empirical study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3262-3270, October.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "Changes in energy efficiency in Australia: A decomposition of aggregate energy intensity using Logarithmic Mean Divisia approach," MPRA Paper 36250, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bian, Yiwen & Yang, Feng, 2010. "Resource and environment efficiency analysis of provinces in China: A DEA approach based on Shannon's entropy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1909-1917, April.
- Zhang, Yan & Zhang, Jinyun & Yang, Zhifeng & Li, Shengsheng, 2011. "Regional differences in the factors that influence China’s energy-related carbon emissions, and potential mitigation strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7712-7718.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C. Hunt, 2013. "'Underlying Energy Efficiency' in the US," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 13/181, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W., 2008. "Linear programming models for measuring economy-wide energy efficiency performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2901-2906, August.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hunt, Lester C., 2012.
"US residential energy demand and energy efficiency: A stochastic demand frontier approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1484-1491.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "US Residential Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 130, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester Hunt, 2012. "US Residential Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach," CEPE Working paper series 12-83, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Amador, João, 2012.
"Energy content in manufacturing exports: A cross-country analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1074-1081.
- João Amador, 2011. "Energy content in manufacturing exports: a cross-country analysis," Working Papers w201110, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt & Jelena Zoric, 2013. "Impact of energy policy instruments on the estimated level of underlying energy efficiency in the EU residential sector," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 139, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Lio, Mon-Chi & Yeh, Fang-Yu & Lin, Cheng-Hsun, 2011. "Environment-adjusted regional energy efficiency in Taiwan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(8), pages 2893-2899, August.
- Fang, Hong & Wu, Junjie & Zeng, Catherine, 2009. "Comparative study on efficiency performance of listed coal mining companies in China and the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5140-5148, December.
- Stern, David I., 2012. "Modeling international trends in energy efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2200-2208.
- Wang, Ke & Wei, Yi-Ming & Zhang, Xian, 2012. "A comparative analysis of China’s regional energy and emission performance: Which is the better way to deal with undesirable outputs?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 574-584.
- Lu, I.J. & Lin, Sue J. & Lewis, Charles, 2007. "Decomposition and decoupling effects of carbon dioxide emission from highway transportation in Taiwan, Germany, Japan and South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3226-3235, June.
- Shi, Guang-Ming & Bi, Jun & Wang, Jin-Nan, 2010. "Chinese regional industrial energy efficiency evaluation based on a DEA model of fixing non-energy inputs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6172-6179, October.
- Baksi, Soham & Green, Chris, 2007. "Calculating economy-wide energy intensity decline rate: The role of sectoral output and energy shares," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6457-6466, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.