Consumer lifestyle approach to US energy use and the related CO2 emissions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weber, Christopher L. & Matthews, H. Scott, 2008. "Quantifying the global and distributional aspects of American household carbon footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 379-391, June.
- Sardianou, Eleni, 2007. "Estimating energy conservation patterns of Greek households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3778-3791, July.
- Petra Wächter & Michael Ornetzeder & Harald Rohracher & Anna Schreuer & Markus Knoflacher, 2012. "Towards a Sustainable Spatial Organization of the Energy System: Backcasting Experiences from Austria," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 193-209, February.
- Barkenbus, Jack N., 2010. "Eco-driving: An overlooked climate change initiative," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 762-769, February.
- Papathanasopoulou, Eleni, 2010. "Household consumption, associated fossil fuel demand and carbon dioxide emissions: The case of Greece between 1990 and 2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4152-4162, August.
- Shammin, Md. R. & Herendeen, Robert A. & Hanson, Michelle J. & Wilson, Eric J.H., 2010. "A multivariate analysis of the energy intensity of sprawl versus compact living in the U.S. for 2003," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2363-2373, October.
- Dalton, Michael & O'Neill, Brian & Prskawetz, Alexia & Jiang, Leiwen & Pitkin, John, 2008. "Population aging and future carbon emissions in the United States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 642-675, March.
- Carrico, Amanda R. & Padgett, Paul & Vandenbergh, Michael P. & Gilligan, Jonathan & Wallston, Kenneth A., 2009. "Costly myths: An analysis of idling beliefs and behavior in personal motor vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2881-2888, August.
- Hanova, Jana & Dowlatabadi, Hadi & Mueller, Lynn, 2007. "Ground Source Heat Pump Systems in Canada: Economics and GHG Reduction Potential," Discussion Papers dp-07-18, Resources For the Future.
- Filimonau, Viachaslau & Dickinson, Janet & Robbins, Derek & Reddy, Maharaj Vijay, 2013. "The role of ‘indirect’ greenhouse gas emissions in tourism: Assessing the hidden carbon impacts from a holiday package tour," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 78-91.
- Ferguson, Thomas M. & MacLean, Heather L., 2011. "Trade-linked Canada–United States household environmental impact analysis of energy use and greenhouse gas emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8011-8021.
- Yu, Biying & Zhang, Junyi & Fujiwara, Akimasa, 2011. "Representing in-home and out-of-home energy consumption behavior in Beijing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4168-4177, July.
- Nyrud, Anders Q. & Roos, Anders & Sande, Jon Bingen, 2008. "Residential bioenergy heating: A study of consumer perceptions of improved woodstoves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3159-3166, August.
- Bai, Yin & Liu, Yong, 2013. "An exploration of residents’ low-carbon awareness and behavior in Tianjin, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1261-1270.
- Torriti, Jacopo, 2013. "The significance of occupancy steadiness in residential consumer response to Time-of-Use pricing: Evidence from a stochastic adjustment model," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 49-56.
- Ethan Sharygin, 2013. "The Carbon Cost of an Educated Future: A Consumer Lifestyle Approach," Working Papers 1304, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Wiedenhofer, Dominik & Lenzen, Manfred & Steinberger, Julia K., 2013. "Energy requirements of consumption: Urban form, climatic and socio-economic factors, rebounds and their policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 696-707.
- Hadi Dowlatabadi, 2007. "On integration of policies for climate and global change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 651-663, June.
- Druckman, Angela & Jackson, Tim, 2009. "The carbon footprint of UK households 1990-2004: A socio-economically disaggregated, quasi-multi-regional input-output model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2066-2077, May.
- Kok, Rixt & Benders, Rene M.J. & Moll, Henri C., 2006. "Measuring the environmental load of household consumption using some methods based on input-output energy analysis: A comparison of methods and a discussion of results," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2744-2761, November.
- Emilio Zagheni, 2011. "The Leverage of Demographic Dynamics on Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Does Age Structure Matter?," Demography, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 371-399, February.
- Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Malesios, Chrisovalantis, 2013. "Pro-environmental attitudes of users and non-users of fuelwood in a rural area of Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 621-630.
- Golley, Jane & Meng, Xin, 2012. "Income inequality and carbon dioxide emissions: The case of Chinese urban households," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1864-1872.
- Qu, Jiansheng & Zeng, Jingjing & Li, Yan & Wang, Qin & Maraseni, Tek & Zhang, Lihua & Zhang, Zhiqiang & Clarke-Sather, Abigail, 2013. "Household carbon dioxide emissions from peasants and herdsmen in northwestern arid-alpine regions, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 133-140.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.