Cycles in competitive electricity markets: a simulation study of the western United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 11 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bunn, Derek W. & Larsen, Erik R., 1992. "Sensitivity of reserve margin to factors influencing investment behaviour in the electricity market of England and Wales," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 420-429, May.
- David M. Newbery, 1995. "Power Markets and Market Power," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 39-66.
- Michaels, Robert J., 1997. "MW gamble: the missing market for capacity," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(10), pages 56-64, December.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1997. "Restructuring, Competition and Regulatory Reform in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 119-138, Summer.
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-53, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Lijesen, 2004. "Increasing the reliability of electricity production: a cost-benefit analysis," CPB Document 52, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Cepeda, Mauricio & Finon, Dominique, 2011. "Generation capacity adequacy in interdependent electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3128-3143, June.
- Jin, Wei & Xu, Linyu & Yang, Zhifeng, 2009. "Modeling a policy making framework for urban sustainability: Incorporating system dynamics into the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2938-2949, October.
- Ojeda, Osvaldo A. & Olsina, Fernando & Garcés, Francisco, 2009. "Simulation of the long-term dynamic of a market-based transmission interconnection," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2889-2899, August.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- Gollier, Christian, 2004.
"Choice of Nuclear Power Investments under Price Uncertainty: Valuing Modularity,"
IDEI Working Papers
287, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian & Proult, David & Thais, Francoise & Walgenwitz, Gilles, 2005. "Choice of nuclear power investments under price uncertainty: Valuing modularity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 667-685, July.
- Gollier, Christian & Proult, David & Thais, Françoise & Walgenwitz, Gilles, 2004. "Choice of Nuclear Power Investments ander Price Uncertainty: Valuing Modularity," IDEI Working Papers 270, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Arie ten Cate & Mark Lijesen, 2004. "The Elmar model: output and capacity in imperfectly competitive electricity markets," CPB Memorandum 94, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Finon, Dominique & Cepeda, Mauricio, 2013. "How to correct long-term system externality of large scale windpower development by a capacity mechanism?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/13149, Paris Dauphine University.
- Meyer, Niels I. & Koefoed, Anne Louise, 2003. "Danish energy reform: policy implications for renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 597-607, June.
- Roques, F.A., 2008.
"Market Design for Generation Adequacy: Healing Causes rather than Symptoms,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0821, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Roques, Fabien A., 2008. "Market design for generation adequacy: Healing causes rather than symptoms," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 171-183, September.
- van Ackere, Ann & Ochoa, Patricia, 2010. "Managing a hydro-energy reservoir: A policy approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7299-7311, November.
- L.J. de Vries & R.A. Hakvoort, 2004. "The Question of Generation Adequacy in Liberalised Electricity Markets," Working Papers 2004.120, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ochoa, Patricia & van Ackere, Ann, 2009. "Policy changes and the dynamics of capacity expansion in the Swiss electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1983-1998, May.
- Pasaoglu, Güzay, 2011. "Using the decentralized and liberalized electricity market microworld (LEMM) as an educational tool," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 187-199, January.
- Assili, Mohsen & Javidi D.B., M. Hossein & Ghazi, Reza, 2008. "An improved mechanism for capacity payment based on system dynamics modeling for investment planning in competitive electricity environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3703-3713, October.
- Pasaoglu Kilanc, Guzay & Or, Ilhan, 2008. "A decision support tool for the analysis of pricing, investment and regulatory processes in a decentralized electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3026-3034, August.
- Roques, F. & Newbery, D.M. & Nuttall, W.J., 2004. "Generation Adequacy and Investment Incentives in Britain: from the Pool to NETA," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0459, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Saysel, Ali Kerem & Hekimoğlu, Mustafa, 2013. "Exploring the options for carbon dioxide mitigation in Turkish electric power industry: System dynamics approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 675-686.
- Arango, Santiago & Moxnes, Erling, 2012. "Commodity cycles, a function of market complexity? Extending the cobweb experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 321-334.
- Neuhoff, K. & de Vries, L., 2004.
"'Insufficient Incentives for Investment in Electricity Generation’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0428, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & De Vries, Laurens, 2004. "Insufficient incentives for investment in electricity generations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 253-267, December.
- Cepeda, Mauricio & Finon, Dominique, 2013. "How to correct for long-term externalities of large-scale wind power development by a capacity mechanism?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 671-685.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.