Evaluating physician efficiency in hospitals: A multivariate analysis of best practices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 80 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard E. Caves, 1992. "Industrial Efficiency in Six Nations," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031930, June.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Ray C. Fair, 1976.
"A Theory of Extramarital Affairs,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
436, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Leibenstein, Harvey & Maital, Shlomo, 1992. "Empirical Estimation and Partitioning of X-Inefficiency: A Data-Envelopment Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 428-33, May.
- Campbell, D. M., 1984. "Why do physicians in neonatal care units differ in their admission thresholds?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 365-374, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Mark Pauly, 1980. "Doctors and Their Workshops: Economic Models of Physician Behavior," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number paul80-1.
- Leibenstein, Harvey, 1979. "A Branch of Economics is Missing: Micro-Micro Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 477-502, June.
- Simpson, Deborah E. & Rich, Eugene C. & Dalgaard, Kathleen A. & Gjerdingen, Dwenda & Crowson, Terry W. & O'Brien, Daniel K. & Johnson, Paul E., 1987. "The diagnostic process in primary care: A comparison of general internists and family physicians," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 861-866, January.
- Mark Pauly, 1980. "Appendix to "Doctors and Their Workshops: Economic Models of Physician Behavior"," NBER Chapters, in: Doctors and Their Workshops: Economic Models of Physician Behavior, pages 119-122 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Notman, Mark & Howe, Kenneth R. & Rittenberg, William & Bridgham, Robert & Holmes, Margaret M. & Rovner, David R., 1987. "Social policy and professional self-interest: Physician responses to DRGS," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1259-1267, January.
- Witte, Ann Dryden, 1980. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime with Individual Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 57-84, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert F. Conrad & Robert P. Strauss, 1986. "A Comparative Application of Data Envelopment Analysis and Translog Methods: An Illustrative Study of Hospital Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- Ancarani, A. & Di Mauro, C. & Giammanco, M.D., 2009. "The impact of managerial and organizational aspects on hospital wards' efficiency: Evidence from a case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 280-293, April.
- Leigh M. Drake & Maximilian J. B. Hall & Richard Simper, 2005.
"The Impact of Macroeconomic and Regulatory Factors on Bank Efficiency: A Non-Parametric Analysis of Hong Kong's Banking System,"
012005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Simper, Richard, 2006. "The impact of macroeconomic and regulatory factors on bank efficiency: A non-parametric analysis of Hong Kong's banking system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1443-1466, May.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2007. "Consolidation and efficiency: Evidence from non-bank financial institutions in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 12128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2007.
- Agrell, Per J. & Bogetoft, Peter, 2001. "DEA-Based Incentive Regimes in Health-Care Provision," Unit of Economics Working papers 24182, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Greer, Mark, 2009. "Is it the labor unions' fault? Dissecting the causes of the impaired technical efficiencies of the legacy carriers in the United States," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(9-10), pages 779-789, November.
- Friesner, Daniel & Mittelhammer, Ron & Rosenman, Robert, 2013. "Inferring the incidence of industry inefficiency from DEA estimates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(2), pages 414-424.
- N. Maniadakis & N. Kotsopoulos & P. Prezerakos & J. Yfantopoulos, 2009. "Health Care Services Performance Measurement: Theory, Methods and Empirical Evidence," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 151-170.
- R. Amy Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals after the introduction of National Health Insurance Program," Working Papers 2006-2, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2000. "Partitioning input cost efficiency into its allocative and technical components: an empirical DEA application to hospitals," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 199-218, September.
- Katharaki, Maria, 2008. "Approaching the management of hospital units with an operation research technique: The case of 32 Greek obstetric and gynaecology public units," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Zhou, Xianbo & Li, Kui-Wai & Li, Qin, 2010.
"An Analysis on Technical Efficiency in Post-reform China,"
41034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou, Xianbo & Li, Kui-Wai & Li, Qin, 2011. "An analysis on technical efficiency in post-reform China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 357-372, September.
- Daniel Friesner & Ron Mittelhammer & Robert Rosenmane, 2006.
"Inferring the Latent Incidence of Inefficiency from DEA Estimates and Bayesian Priors,"
2006-8, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Daniel Friesner & Ron Mittelhammer & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Inferring the Latent Incidence of Inefficiency from DEA Estimates and Bayesian Priors," Working Papers 2006-8, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Robert Rosenman & Daniel Friesner, 2004. "Scope and scale inefficiencies in physician practices," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1091-1116.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.