Comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of mean-variance preferences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 151 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2001.
"More on Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence,"
99-01, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003. "More on parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 895-900, 06.
- Owen, Joel & Rabinovitch, Ramon, 1983. " On the Class of Elliptical Distributions and Their Applications to the Theory of Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 745-52, June.
- Levy, Haim, 1973. "The Demand for Assets Under Conditions of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 79-96, March.
- Borch, Karl, 1969. "A Note on Uncertainty and Indifference Curves," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(105), pages 1-4, January.
- Allingham, Michael, 1991. "Existence Theorems in the Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1169-74, July.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1983. "The Interdependence of Individual Portfolio Decisions and the Demand for Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 304-11, April.
- Lajeri, Fatma & Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1997.
"Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars Tyge Nielsen & Fatma Lajeri, 2000. "Parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 469-476.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Yehuda Kahane, 1992. "Risk, Return, Skewness and Preference," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(6), pages 851-866, June.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 2001. "Mean-Variance Preferences and Investor Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 849-61, October.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior,"
005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-89, May.
- Chipman, John S, 1973. "The Ordering of Portfolios in Terms of Mean and Variance," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 167-90, April.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1991.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grootveld, Henk & Hallerbach, Winfried, 1999. "Variance vs downside risk: Is there really that much difference?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 304-319, April.
- Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel, 1999. "Two-moments decision models and utility-representable preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 237-244, February.
- Bilancini, Ennio & D’Antoni, Massimo, 2012. "The desirability of pay-as-you-go pensions when relative consumption matters and returns are stochastic," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 418-422.
- Ennio Bilancini & Massimo D'Antoni, 2008. "Pensions and Intergenerational Risk-Sharing When Relative Consumption Matters," Department of Economics University of Siena 541, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2005. "Notes and Comments: Measures of risk attitude: correspondences between mean-variance and expected-utility approaches," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-65, 06.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "Relative risk aversion, relative prudence and comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of (μ, σ)-preferences," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 159-170, 04.
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard & Eickhoff, Andreas, 2011. "Transparency in the banking sector," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 05/11, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "The Welfare State in a Changing Environment," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 313-331, 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.