Notes and Comments: Measures of risk attitude: correspondences between mean-variance and expected-utility approaches
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Decisions in Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 28 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10203/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lajeri, Fatma & Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1997.
"Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars Tyge Nielsen & Fatma Lajeri, 2000. "Parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 469-476.
- Lajeri-Chaherli, Fatma, 2003. "Partial derivatives, comparative risk behavior and concavity of utility functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 81-99, August.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Romer, David & Williams, Steve, 1981. "Risk Aversion with Random Initial Wealth," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 911-20, June.
- Cheng, Hsueh-Cheng & Magill, Michael J P & Shafer, Wayne J, 1987. "Some Results on Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(2), pages 493-507, June.
- Caballé, Jordi & Pomansky, Alexey, 1995.
"Mixed Risk Aversion,"
Working Paper Series
444, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-89, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003.
"More on parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence,"
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 895-900, 06.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2001. "More on Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence," Volkswirtschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 99-01, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Owen, Joel & Rabinovitch, Ramon, 1983. " On the Class of Elliptical Distributions and Their Applications to the Theory of Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 745-52, June.
- Hawawini, Gabriel, 1978. "A mean-standard deviation exposition of the theory of the firm under uncertainty," MPRA Paper 10148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klevorick, Alvin K, 1973. "A Note on "The Ordering of Portfolios in Terms of Mean and Variance"," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 293-96, April.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
NBER Working Papers
2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Chipman, John S, 1973. "The Ordering of Portfolios in Terms of Mean and Variance," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 167-90, April.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "Relative risk aversion, relative prudence and comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of (μ, σ)-preferences," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 159-170, 04.
- Menezes, C F & Hanson, D L, 1970. "On the Theory of Risk Aversion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 481-87, October.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003. "Variance Vulnerability, Background Risks, and Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(2), pages 173-184, December.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2002. "Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 229-235, January.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2003. "Comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of mean-variance preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 224-232, November.
- Choi, Gyemyung & Kim, Iltae & Snow, Arthur, 2001. "Comparative Statics Predictions for Changes in Uncertainty in the Portfolio and Savings Problems," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 61-72, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.