Subsampling the distribution of diverging statistics with applications to finance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 120 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1996:i:may:p:334-362 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Danielsson & L. de Haan & L. Peng & C.G. de Vries, 1997.
"Using a Bootstrap Method to choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
97-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Danielsson, J. & de Haan, L. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C. G., 2001. "Using a Bootstrap Method to Choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 226-248, February.
- Danielsson, J. & Haan, L.F.M. de & Peng, L. & Vries, C.G. de, 2000. "Using a bootstrap method to choose the sample fraction in tail index estimation," Econometric Institute Report EI 2000-19/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Arzac, Enrique R. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1977. "Portfolio choice and equilibrium in capital markets with safety-first investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 277-288, May.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 39-69.
- Huisman, Ronald & Koedijk, Kees G. & Kool, Clemens J.M. & Palm, Franz, 2001. "Tail-index estimates in small samples," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-5756, Maastricht University.
- Drees, Holger & Kaufmann, Edgar, 1998. "Selecting the optimal sample fraction in univariate extreme value estimation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 149-172, July.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Hols, Martien C A B & de Vries, Casper G, 1991. "The Limiting Distribution of Extremal Exchange Rate Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 287-302, July-Sept.
- Huisman, Ronald, et al, 2001. "Tail-Index Estimates in Small Samples," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(2), pages 208-16, April.
- Hall, Peter, 1990. "Using the bootstrap to estimate mean squared error and select smoothing parameter in nonparametric problems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 177-203, February.
- Einmahl, J. & Dekkers, A. & de Haan, L., 1989. "A moment estimator for the index of an extreme-value distribution," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-125712, Tilburg University.
- Susanne Schennach & Halbert White & Karim Chalak, 2007. "Estimating average marginal effects in nonseparable structural systems," CeMMAP working papers CWP31/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Huang, Dashan & Yu, Baimin & Fabozzi, Frank J. & Fukushima, Masao, 2009. "CAViaR-based forecast for oil price risk," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 511-518, July.
- Paul Doukhan & Silika Prohl & Christian Robert, 2011. "Rejoinder on: Subsampling weakly dependent time series and application to extremes," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 499-502, November.
- Schennach, Susanne & White, Halbert & Chalak, Karim, 2012.
"Local indirect least squares and average marginal effects in nonseparable structural systems,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 282-302.
- Susanne Schennach & Halbert White & Karim Chalak, 2007. "Local Indirect Least Squares and Average Marginal Effects in Nonseparable Structural Systems," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 680, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 26 Dec 2009.
- Paul Doukhan & Silika Prohl & Christian Robert, 2011. "Subsampling weakly dependent time series and application to extremes," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 447-479, November.
- Patrice Bertail, 2011. "Comments on: Subsampling weakly dependent time series and application to extremes," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 487-490, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.