Unauthorized file-sharing and the pricing of digital content
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 85 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takeyama, Lisa N, 1994. "The Welfare Implications of Unauthorized Reproduction of Intellectual Property in the Presence of Demand Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 155-66, June.
- Besen, Stanley M & Kirby, Sheila Nataraj, 1989. "Private Copying, Appropriability, and Optimal Copying Royalties," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 255-80, October.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Novos, Ian E & Waldman, Michael, 1984. "The Effects of Increased Copyright Protection: An Analytic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 236-46, April.
- Varian, Hal R, 2000. "Buying, Sharing and Renting Information Goods," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 473-88, December.
- Ordover, Janusz A & Willig, Robert D, 1978. "On the Optimal Provision of Journals qua Sometimes Shared Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 324-38, June.
- Johnson, William R, 1985. "The Economics of Copying," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 158-74, February.
- Dongook Choi & Yeonbae Kim, 2010. "Effects of Piracy and Digital Rights Management on the Online Music Market in Korea," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201072, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Dec 2010.
- Regner, Tobias & Riener, Gerhard, 2012.
"Voluntary payments, privacy and social pressure on the internet: A natural field experiment,"
DICE Discussion Papers
82, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Tobias Regner & Gerhard Riener, 2013. "Voluntary Payments, Privacy and Social Pressure on the Internet: A Natural Field Experiment," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-032, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Kogan, Konstantin & Ozinci, Yaacov & Perlman, Yael, 2013. "Containing piracy with product pricing, updating and protection investments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 468-478.
- Domon, Koji, 2006. "Price discrimination of digital content," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 421-426, December.
- Schmidt, Andreas U., 2006. "Multi-level markets and incentives for information goods," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 125-138, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.