On the equivalence of two normalizations in estimating shadow cost functions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Parametric Estimation of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency with Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 231-43, February.
- Balk, Bert M., 1997. "The decomposition of cost efficiency and the canonical form of cost function and cost share equations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 45-51, August.
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2002. "The effect of the normalisation of the shadow price vector on the cost function estimation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 381-385, November.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Modeling allocative inefficiency in a translog cost function and cost share equations: An exact relationship," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 351-356.
- Gustavo Anríquez & Silvio Daidone, 2008. "Linkages between Farm and Non-Farm Sectors at the Household Level in Rural Ghana A consistent stochastic distance function approach," Working Papers 08-01, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Tim Coelli & Gholamreza Hajargasht & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2008. "Econometric Estimation of an Input Distance Function in a System of Equations," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Jos Blank, 2009. "Non-maximizing output behavior for firms with a cost-constrained technology," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 27-32, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.