Supervision and effort in an intertemporal efficiency wage model: the role of the Solow condition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 67 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "A Model of the Natural Rate of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 117-25, March.
- Marti, Christopher, 1997. "Efficiency wages: combining the shirking and turnover cost models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 327-330, December.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Krueger, Alan B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Efficiency Wages and the Inter-industry Wage Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 259-93, March.
- Lin, Chung-cheng & Lai, Ching-chong, 1994. "The turnover costs and the Solow condition in an efficiency wage model with intertemporal optimization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 501-505, August.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Bouadbdallah, khaled & wolff, François charles, 2004.
"Unemployment and work sharing in an efficiency wage model,"
38429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- François-Charles Wolff & Mohamed Jellal & Khaled Bouabdallah, 2004. "Unemployment and work sharing in an efficiency wage model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(3), pages 1-7.
- Faria, Joao & Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "Dynamic of Employment and Wages Incentives," MPRA Paper 17183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melike Bildirici & Elçin Aykaç Alp, 2012. "Minimum wage is efficient wage in Turkish labor market: TAR–cointegration analysis," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1261-1270, June.
- Guerrazzi, Marco, 2012. "On involuntary unemployment: notes on efficiency-wage competition," MPRA Paper 38140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "An Economic Analysis of the Peter and Dilbert Principles," Working Paper Series 101, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- STROBL, Eric & WALSH, Frank, 2003.
"Estimating the shirking model with variable effort,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003075, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "Estimating the shirking model with variable effort," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 623-637, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2004:i:3:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2008:i:9:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Walsh, 2000. "Monetary Shocks with Nominal Wage Stickiness and Variable Effort," Working Papers 200024, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Mohamed Jellal & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2003.
"Dual Labor Markets And Strategic Efficiency Wage,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 99-112.
- Walsh, Frank, 2005. "Monetary shocks with variable effort," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 133-141, March.
- M Guerrazzi, 2008. "A Dynamic Efficiency-Wage Model with Continuous Effort and Externalities," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 13(2), pages 37-58, September.
- Faria, Joao & Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "Industrialization Jobs Creation and Wages Incentives," MPRA Paper 17185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando Zanella, 2008. "Different times, different commitments, but the same old practices: failure of the efficiency wage model for socially devoted firms," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(9), pages 1-6.
- Faria, Joao & Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "A Siocio-Psychological Theory of Efficiency Wage Growth," MPRA Paper 17184, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.