Modeling the changing asymmetry of conditional variances
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 50 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen V. K. & STENTOFT, Lars & VIOLANTE, Francesco, 2012.
"The value of multivariate model sophistication: an application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2012003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rombouts, Jeroen & Stentoft, Lars & Violante, Franceso, 2014. "The value of multivariate model sophistication: An application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 78-98.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft & Francesco Violante, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," CREATES Research Papers 2012-04, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft & Francesco Violente, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average Options," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-05, CIRANO.
- Ana Filipa Carvalho & Jose Sa da Costa & Jose Assis Lopes, 2006. "A systematic modelling strategy for futures markets volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 819-833.
- F. Fornari & A. Mele, 1998.
"ARCH Models and Option Pricing : The Continuous Time Connection,"
THEMA Working Papers
98-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Antonio Mele & Fabio Fornari, 1999. "ARCH Models and Option Pricing: the Continuous-Time Connection," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 113, Society for Computational Economics.
- Fornari, F. & Mele, A., 1998. "ARCH Models and Option Pricing: The Continuous Time Connection," Papers 9830, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Qingfeng Liu & Kimio Morimune, 2005. "A Modified GARCH Model with Spells of Shocks," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-44, March.
- He, Changli & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1997.
"Properties of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
198, Stockholm School of Economics.
- He, Changli & Terasvirta, Timo, 1999. "Properties of moments of a family of GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 173-192, September.
- Cook, Steven, 2006. "The impact of GARCH on asymmetric unit root tests," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 745-752.
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Medhat Hassanein & Islam Azzam, 2010. "Ex post and ex ante returns and risks under different maturities of treasury bonds: evidence from developed and emerging markets," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 103-118.
- Balázs Égert & Yosra Koubaa, 2004. "Modelling Stock Returns in the G-7 and in Selected CEE Economies: A Non-linear GARCH Approach," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-663, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.