Measuring fixed costs for firms’ use of a free trade agreement: Threshold regression approach
AbstractBy employing the threshold regression method, we estimate the average tariff equivalent of fixed costs for the use of a free trade agreement (FTA) among all existing FTAs in the world. It is estimated to be around 3%.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 113 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
FTA; Gravity equation; Threshold regression;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2012. "Impact of diagonal cumulation rule on FTA utilization : evidence from bilateral and multilateral FTAs between Japan and Thailand," IDE Discussion Papers 372, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Chang, Kuo-I & Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2012. "Selection and utilization of the early harvest list : evidence from the Free Trade Agreement between China and Taiwan," IDE Discussion Papers 365, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2012. "Impacts of FTA utilization on firm performance," IDE Discussion Papers 366, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.