Are firms reluctant to engage in inter-organizational exchange relationships with competitors?
AbstractUsing data on the establishment of Venture Capital syndicates in Germany during the period 1995-2005 I document that relationships are formed between VCs that occupy different strategic positions in the network to allow for the combination of complimentary investment expertise.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 100 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapiro, Carl, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-79, November.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007.
"Experience, Screening and Syndication in Venture Capital Investments,"
IDEI Working Papers
443, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Casamatta, Catherine & Haritchabalet, Carole, 2007. "Experience, screening and syndication in venture capital investments," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 368-398, July.
- Morten Sørensen, 2007. "How Smart Is Smart Money? A Two-Sided Matching Model of Venture Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2725-2762, December.
- Megginson, William L & Weiss, Kathleen A, 1991. " Venture Capitalist Certification in Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 879-903, July.
- King, Gary & Zeng, Langche, 2001. "Explaining Rare Events in International Relations," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(03), pages 693-715, June.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Yang Lu, 2007. "Whom You Know Matters: Venture Capital Networks and Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 251-301, 02.
- Christian Hopp, 2010. "When do venture capitalists collaborate? Evidence on the driving forces of venture capital syndication," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 417-431, November.
- Lomi, Alessandro & Fonti, Fabio, 2012. "Networks in markets and the propensity of companies to collaborate: An empirical test of three mechanisms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 216-220.
- Dominique Dufour & Eric Nasica & Dominique Torre, 2013. "Syndication in private equity industry: comparing the strategies of independent and captive venture capitalists," Working Papers halshs-00853695, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.