Preferences for domestic fuel: Analysis with socio-economic factors and rankings in Kolkata, India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2000. "From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2083-2103, December.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Hyde, William F. & Kanel, Keshav R., 1996. "Household fuelwood demand and supply in Nepal's tarai and mid-hills: Choice between cash outlays and labor opportunity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1725-1736, November.
- Hosier, Richard H. & Dowd, Jeffrey, 1987. "Household fuel choice in Zimbabwe : An empirical test of the energy ladder hypothesis," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 347-361, December.
- Soussan, John & O'Keefe, Phil & Munslow, Barry, 1990. "Urban fuelwood challenges and dilemmas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 572-582.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Alam, Manzoor & Sathaye, Jayant & Barnes, Doug, 1998. "Urban household energy use in India: efficiency and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 885-891, September.
- Dunkerley, J. & Macauley, M. & Naimuddin, M. & Agarwal, P. C., 1990. "Consumption of fuelwood and other household cooking fuels in Indian cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 92-99.
- Arthur, Maria de Fátima S.R. & Bond, Craig A. & Willson, Bryan, 2012. "Estimation of elasticities for domestic energy demand in Mozambique," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 398-409.
- Gundimeda, Haripriya & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "Fuel demand elasticities for energy and environmental policies: Indian sample survey evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 517-546, March.
- Couture, Stéphane & Garcia, Serge & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2012.
"Household energy choices and fuelwood consumption: An econometric approach using French data,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1972-1981.
- Stéphane Couture & Serge Garcia & Arnaud Reynaud, 2011. "Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach using French Data," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2011-03, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Arthur, Maria de Fatima S.R. & Zahran, Sammy & Bucini, Gabriela, 2010. "On the adoption of electricity as a domestic source by Mozambican households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7235-7249, November.
- StÃ©phane Couture & Serge Garcia & Arnaud Reynaud, 2009.
"Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach to the French Data,"
LERNA Working Papers
09.08.284, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Couture, Stéphane & Garcia, Serge & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2009. "Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach to the French Data," TSE Working Papers 09-044, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Park, Hojeong & Kwon, Hyucksoo, 2011. "Effects of consumer subsidy on household fuel switching from coal to cleaner fuels: A case study for anthracites in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1687-1693, March.
- Takama, Takeshi & Tsephel, Stanzin & Johnson, Francis X., 2012. "Evaluating the relative strength of product-specific factors in fuel switching and stove choice decisions in Ethiopia. A discrete choice model of household preferences for clean cooking alternatives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1763-1773.
- Ashokankur Datta, 2008. "The incidence of fuel taxation in India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-05, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Miah, Md.Danesh & Foysal, Muhammad Abul & Koike, Masao & Kobayashi, Hajime, 2011. "Domestic energy-use pattern by the households: A comparison between rural and semi-urban areas of Noakhali in Bangladesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3757-3765, June.
- Kowsari, Reza & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Three dimensional energy profile:," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7505-7517.
- Mirza, Bilal & Kemp, Rene, 2009. "Why Rural Rich Remain Energy Poor," MERIT Working Papers 024, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jack Gregory & David I. Stern, 2012. "Fuel Choices in Rural Maharashtra," CCEP Working Papers 1207, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kohlin, Gunnar & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Wilfong, Christopher, 2011. "Energy, gender and development: what are the linkages ? where is the evidence ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5800, The World Bank.
- Mirza, Bilal & Kemp, Rene, 2009. "Why Rural Rich Remain Energy Poor," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 024, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Mestl, Heidi Elizabeth Staff & Eskeland, Gunnar S., 2009. "Richer and healthier, but not Greener? Choices concerning household energy use in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3009-3019, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.