Household fuelwood demand and supply in Nepal's tarai and mid-hills: Choice between cash outlays and labor opportunity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 24 (1996)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Pranab Bardhan & Sanghamitra Das & Dilip Mookherjee & Rinki Sarkar, 2010.
"The Environmental Impact of Poverty: Evidence from Firewood Collection in Rural Nepal,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 23-61, October.
- Pranab Bardhan & Jean-Marie Baland & Sanghamitra Das & Dilip Mookherjee & Rinki Sarkar, 2002. "The Environmental Impact of Poverty: Evidence from Firewood Collection in Rural Nepal," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-126, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Arabatzis, G. & Malesios, Ch., 2011. "An econometric analysis of residential consumption of fuelwood in a mountainous prefecture of Northern Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8088-8097.
- Zafeiriou, Eleni & Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Koutroumanidis, Theodoros, 2011. "The fuelwood market in Greece: An empirical approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3008-3018, August.
- Malla, Sunil, 2013. "Household energy consumption patterns and its environmental implications: Assessment of energy access and poverty in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 990-1002.
- van 't Veld, Klaas & Narain, Urvashi & Gupta, Shreekant & Chopra, Neetu & Singh, Supriya, 2006. "India's Firewood Crisis Re-examined," Discussion Papers dp-06-25, Resources For the Future.
- Turner, James A. & Buongiorno, Joseph & Zhu, Shushuai, 2005. "Effects of the Free Trade Area of the Americas on Forest Resources," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(1), April.
- Arabinda Mishra, 2009. "Determinants of Fuelwood Use in Rural Orissa: Implications for Energy Transition," Working Papers id:2145, eSocialSciences.
- Alem, Yonas & Hassen, Sied & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2013.
"The Dynamics of Electric Cookstove Adoption: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia,"
dp-13-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Alem, Yonas & Hassen, Sied & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2013. "The Dynamics of Electric Cookstove Adoption: Panel data evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 557, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Le & Heerink, Nico & van den Berg, Marrit, 2006. "Energy consumption in rural China: A household model for three villages in Jiangxi Province," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 407-420, June.
- Agurto Adrianzén, Marcos, 2013. "Improved cooking stoves and firewood consumption: Quasi-experimental evidence from the Northern Peruvian Andes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 135-143.
- Haripriya Gundimeda & Atheendar Gunnar Köhlin, 2006. "Fuel Demand Elasticities for Energy and Environmental Policies: Indian Sample Survey Evidence," Working Papers 2006-09, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Manning, Dale T. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2014. "Migration and fuel use in rural Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 126-136.
- Dayal, Vikram, 2006. "A microeconometric analysis of household extraction of forest biomass goods in Ranthambhore National Park, India," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 145-163, June.
- Upadhyay, T.P. & Solberg, Birger & Sankhayan, Prem L., 2006. "Use of models to analyse land-use changes, forest/soil degradation and carbon sequestration with special reference to Himalayan region: A review and analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 349-371, December.
- Haripriya Gundimeda & Gunnar KÃƒÂ¶hlin, 2006. "Fuel Demand Elasticities for Energy and Environmental Policies Indian Sample Survey Evidence," Energy Working Papers 22501, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gupta, Gautam & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2006. "Preferences for domestic fuel: Analysis with socio-economic factors and rankings in Kolkata, India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 107-121, April.
- Gundimeda, Haripriya & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "Fuel demand elasticities for energy and environmental policies: Indian sample survey evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 517-546, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.