A note on the economics of biological invasions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bishop, Richard C. & Samples, Karl C., 1980. "Sport and commercial fishing conflicts: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 220-233, September.
- Ragozin, David L. & Brown, Gardner Jr., 1985. "Harvest policies and nonmarket valuation in a predator -- prey system," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 155-168, June.
- Flaaten, Ola, 1991. "Bioeconomics of sustainable harvest of competing species," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 163-180, March.
- Lovell, Sabrina J. & Stone, Susan F. & Fernandez, Linda, 2006.
"The Economic Impacts of Aquatic Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Sabrina J. Lovell & Susan F. Stone, 2005. "The Economic Impacts of Aquatic Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature," NCEE Working Paper Series 200502, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jan 2005.
- Rauscher, Michael & Barbier, Edward B., 2007.
"Biodiversity and geography,"
Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory
79, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Rauschmayer, Felix, 2003. "Integrated assessment of biological invasions," UFZ Discussion Papers 1/2003, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Born, Wanda & Rauschmayer, Felix & Bräuer, Ingo, 2004. "Economic evaluation of biological invasions: A survey," UFZ Discussion Papers 7/2004, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Tibor Neugebauer, 2005. "Bioeconomics Of Sustainable Harvest Of Competing Species: A Comment," Others 0503012, EconWPA.
- Knowler, Duncan & Barbier, Edward, 2005. "Importing exotic plants and the risk of invasion: are market-based instruments adequate?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 341-354, February.
- Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Zhu, Shushuai & Turner, James A. & Buongiorno, Joseph & Li, Ruhong, 2006. "Forest Product Trade Impacts of an Invasive Species: Modeling Structure and Intervention Trade-Offs," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Amit Batabyal & Hamid Beladi & Won Koo, 2005. "Maritime Trade, Biological Invasions, and the Properties of Alternate Inspection Regimes," ERSA conference papers ersa05p164, European Regional Science Association.
- Yajie Liu & Jon Olaf Olaussen & Anders Skonhoft, 2011. "When a Fish is a Fish: The Economic Impacts of Escaped Farmed Fish," Working Paper Series 12011, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Azqueta, Diego & Delacamara, Gonzalo, 2006. "Ethics, economics and environmental management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 524-533, April.
- Giovanni Bella, 2007. "A Bug’s Life: Competition Among Species Towards the Environment," Working Papers 2007.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Buhle, Eric R. & Margolis, Michael & Ruesink, Jennifer L., 2005. "Bang for buck: cost-effective control of invasive species with different life histories," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 355-366, February.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Finnoff, David C. & McIntosh, Christopher R. & Settle, Chad, 2006. "Integration-Valuation Nexus in Invasive Species Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Amit Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2005.
"On Container Versus Time Based Inspection Policies in Invasive Species Management,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p162, European Regional Science Association.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2005. "On Container Versus Time Based Inspection Policies in Invasive Species Management," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19356, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.