Does public investment enhance labor productivity growth in Chile? A cointegration analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The North American Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 9 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Bleaney & David Fielding,, . "Investment, Trade Liberalisation and Structural Adjustment (Forthcoming in Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 32, 1995, pp.175-94)," Discussion Papers 95/3, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978.
"Contractionary effects of devaluation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Hansson, Par & Henrekson, Magnus, 1994. " A New Framework for Testing the Effect of Government Spending on Growth and Productivity," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 381-401, December.
- Moschos, Demetrios, 1989. "Export expansion, growth and the level of economic development: An empirical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 93-102, January.
- David A. Aschauer, 1989. "Back of the G-7 pack: public investment and productivity growth in the Group of Seven," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 89-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Rolf J.Lüders, 1991. "Massive Divestiture And Privatization Lessons From Chile," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(4), pages 1-19, October.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth,"
3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corbo, Vittorio, 1989. "Public finance, trade, and development : the Chilean experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 218, The World Bank.
- Meller, Patricio, 1993. "A review of Chilean privatization experience," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(Supplemen), pages 95-112.
- W. Robert & J. Alexander, 1994. "The investment-output ratio in growth regressions," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 74-76.
- Pastor, Manuel Jr., 1989. "Current account deficits and debt accumulation in Latin America: Debate and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 77-97, July.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Kavoussi, Rostam M., 1984. "Export expansion and economic growth : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 241-250.
- Cardoso, Eliana, 1993. "Private Investment in Latin America," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(4), pages 833-48, July.
- V. Sundararajan & Subhash Thakur, 1980. "Public Investment, Crowding out, and Growth: A Dynamic Model Applied to India and Korea (Investissement public, "effet de refoulement" et croissance: un modÃ¨le dynamique appliquÃ© Ã l'," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(4), pages 814-855, December.
- Ram, Rati, 1986. "Government Size and Economic Growth: A New Framework and Some Evidencefrom Cross-Section and Time-Series Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 191-203, March.
- Feder, Gershon, 1983. "On exports and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 59-73.
- Fishlow, Albert, 1990. "The Latin American State," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 61-74, Summer.
- Miguel Ramirez, 2011. "Is Public Investment Productive in the Argentine Case? A Single Break Unit Root and Cointegration Analysis, 1960-2007," Working Papers 1101, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Ramirez, 2002. "Public capital formation and labor productivity growth in Mexico," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(4), pages 366-379, December.
- Miguel Ramirez, 2004. "Is public infrastructure spending productive in the Mexican case? A vector error correction analysis," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 159-178.
- Ramirez, M.D., 2009. "Public Capital Formation and Labor Productivity Growth in Argentina," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Teweldemedhin, M.Y. & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2010. "The impact of trade liberalisation on South African agricultural productivity," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95963, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) & Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Estache, Antonio & Foucart, Renaud & Garsous, Grégoire & Yepes, Tito, 2013.
"Job Creation through Infrastructure Investment in the Middle East and North Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 209-222.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Estache, Antonio & Foucart, Renaud & Garsous, Gregoire & Yepes, Tito, 2012. "Job creation through infrastructure investment in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6164, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.