Urbanization, informal sector, and development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 84 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larson, Donald & Mundlak, Yair, 1997.
"On the Intersectoral Migration of Agricultural Labor,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 295-319, January.
- Larson, Donald & Mundlak, Yair, 1995. "On the intersectoral migration of agricultural labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1425, The World Bank.
- Douglas Marcouiller, S.J. & Veronica Ruiz de Castilla & Christopher Woodruff, 1995.
"Formal Measures of the Informal Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
294., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Marcouiller, Douglas & Ruiz de Castilla, Veronica & Woodruff, Christopher, 1997. "Formal Measures of the Informal-Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 367-92, January.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1997. "Informal sector and informal capital market in a small open less-developed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 409-428, April.
- Bénabou, Roland, 1996.
"Inequality and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1450, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-42, March.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Galor, Oded & Zeira, Joseph, 1988.
"Income Distribution and Macroeconomics,"
51644, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 1989.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Newman, Andrew F, 1998. "Information, the Dual Economy, and Development," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(4), pages 631-53, October.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-98, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Benabou, Roland, 1996. "Heterogeneity, Stratification, and Growth: Macroeconomic Implications of Community Structure and School Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 584-609, June.
- Ljungqvist, Lars, 1993. "Economic underdevelopment : The case of a missing market for human capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 219-239, April.
- Jaeger, William K., 1992. "The causes of Africa's food crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(11), pages 1631-1645, November.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005.
"LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997. "LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1997.
"Unemployment, Migration, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 582-608, June.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2000. "Asset distribution, inequality, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2375, The World Bank.
- Galor, O. & Tsiddon, D., 1996.
"The Distribution of Human Capital and Economic Growth,"
18-96, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Galor, Oded & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1997. " The Distribution of Human Capital and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 93-124, March.
- Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances, 1999. "V-Goods and the Role of the Urban Informal Sector in Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 259-88, January.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1997. "Mobility and Labor Market Segmentation: The Urban Labor Market in El Salvador," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 123-53, October.
- Becker, Charles M & Morrison, Andrew R, 1988. "The Determinants of Urban Population Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 259-78, January.
- Durlauf, Steven N, 1996.
" A Theory of Persistent Income Inequality,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 75-93, March.
- Magnac, Th, 1991. "Segmented or Competitive Labor Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 165-87, January.
- Fay, Marianne & Opal, Charlotte, 2000. "Urbanization without growth : a not-so-uncommon phenomenon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2412, The World Bank.
- Fields, Gary S., 1975. "Rural-urban migration, urban unemployment and underemployment, and job-search activity in LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 165-187, June.
- Rodrigo A. Cerda & Diego Saravia, 2009. "Optimal Taxation With Heterogeneous Firms," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 518, Central Bank of Chile.
- Yuki, Kazuhiro, 2012. "Education, inequality, and development in a dual economy," MPRA Paper 39062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuki, Kazuhiro, 2009. "Education, Signaling, and Wage Inequality in a Dynamic Economy," MPRA Paper 16982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donald S. Allen & Leonce Ndikumana, 1999. "Income inequality and minimum consumption: implications for growth," Working Papers 1999-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Elgin, Ceyhun & Oyvat, Cem, 2013.
"Lurking in the cities: Urbanization and the informal economy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 36-47.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Cem Oyvat, 2013. "Lurking in the Cities: Urbanization and the Informal Economy," Working Papers 2013/10, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Yuki, Kazuhiro, 2009. "Government and human capital in a model of development through modernization and specialization," MPRA Paper 19760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pholo Bala, Alain, 2009. "Urban concentration and economic growth: checking for specific regional effects," CORE Discussion Papers 2009038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012. "Modern foundations of dual economy models," Discussion Papers 8_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.