Is growth a dirty word? Pollution, abatement and endogenous growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tahvonen Olli & Kuuluvainen Jari, 1993. "Economic Growth, Pollution, and Renewable Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 101-118, March.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1994. "Economic Development and Environmental Quality: An Econometric Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 757-73, Supplemen.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 1995.
"A Positive Model of Growth and Pollution Controls,"
NBER Working Papers
5205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antle, John M & Heidebrink, Gregg, 1995. "Environment and Development: Theory and International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(3), pages 603-25, April.
- repec:fth:minnde:92-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smulders, J.A., 1995.
"Environmental quality and pollution-augmenting technological change in a two-sector endogenous growth model,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153411, Tilburg University.
- Lans Bovenberg, A. & Smulders, Sjak, 1995. "Environmental quality and pollution-augmenting technological change in a two-sector endogenous growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 369-391, July.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991.
"Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1991. "Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth," NBER Working Papers 3099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Quality Ledders In The Theory Of Growth," Papers 148, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1995. "Neoclassical Growth, the J Curve for Abatement, and the Inverted U Curve for Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 162-168, September.
- Ligthart, J.E. & Ploeg, F. van der, 1994.
"Pollution, the cost of public funds and endogenous growth,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-376258, Tilburg University.
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1994. "Pollution, the cost of public funds and endogenous growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 339-349, December.
- Mohtadi, Hamid, 1996. "Environment, growth, and optimal policy design," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 119-140, December.
- Barrett, Scott, 1992. "Economic growth and environmental preservation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 289-300, November.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- John, A & Pecchenino, R, 1994. "An Overlapping Generations Model of Growth and the Environment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1393-1410, November.
- Daly, Herman E., 1987. "The economic growth debate: What some economists have learned but many have not," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 323-336, December.
- J.Aznar-Márquez & J.R. Ruiz-Tamarit, 2004.
"Non-Catastrophic Endogenous Growth with Pollution and Abatement,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/80, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- J., AZNAR-MARQUEZ & José Ramon, RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2005. "Non Catastrophic Endogenous Growth with Pollution and Abatment," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005002, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Blanca Martínez & Ramon Ruiz-Tamarit, 2014.
"Optimal Sustainable Policies under Pollution Ceiling: The Demographic Side,"
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Blanca MARTINEZ & José Ramon RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2013. "Optimal sustainable policies under pollution ceiling: the demographic side," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013028, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Blanca Martinez & Ramon Ruiz-Tamarit, 2013. "Optimal Sustainable Policies under Pollution Ceiling: The Demographic Side," AMSE Working Papers 1354, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 04 Nov 2013.
- Nelissen, Dagmar & Requate, Till, 2004.
"Pollution-Reducing and Resource-Saving Technological Progress,"
Economics Working Papers
2004,07, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Dagmar Nelissen & Till Requate, 2007. "Pollution-reducing and resource-saving technological progress," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 5-44.
- Reis, Ana Balcao, 2001. "Endogenous Growth and the Possibility of Eliminating Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 360-373, November.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Barman, Trishita Ray, 2009. "Fiscal policies, environmental pollution and economic growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1018-1028, September.
- J. Aznar-Márquez & J. R. Ruiz-Tamarit, . "Non-Catastrophic Endogenous Growth and the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Working Papers 2004-15, FEDEA.
- HRITONENKO, Natali & YATSENKO, Yuri, 2011. "Sustainable growth and modernization under environmental hazard and adaptation," CORE Discussion Papers 2011025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Phu NGUYEN VAN, 2002. "Endogenous Population and Environmental Quality," Working Papers of BETA 2002-09, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Andre'' Grimaud & Francesco Ricci, 1999. "The Growth-Environment Trade-off: Horizontal vs Vertical Innovations," Working Papers 1999.34, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- J., AZNAR-MARQUEZ & Jose-Ramon, RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2005. "Demographic Transition Environmental Concern and the Kuznets Curve," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005001, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Cameron Hepburn & Alex Bowen, 2012. "Prosperity with growth: Economic growth, climate change and environmental limits," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 93, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2013. "Economic Growth, Health, and the Choice of Polluting Technologies: The Role of Bureaucratic Corruption," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/22, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Juana AZNAR-MARQUEZ & Jose-Ramon RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2012. "Sufficient and Necessary Conditions for Non-Catastrophic Growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2012027, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Barman, Trishita Ray, 2010. "Health, infrastructure, environment and endogenous growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 657-673, June.
- Susanne Soretz, 2007. "Efficient Dynamic Pollution Taxation in an Uncertain Environment," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Ingrid Ott & Susanne Soretz, 2006. "Nachhaltige Entwicklung durch endogeneUmweltwahrnehmung," Working Paper Series in Economics 24, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Chen, Jhy-hwa & Shieh, Jhy-yuan & Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong, 2009. "Growth, welfare and transitional dynamics in an endogenously growing economy with abatement labor," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 423-437, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.