Goodness-of-fit test for interest rate models: An approach based on empirical processes
AbstractA new test for the goodness of fit of parametric forms of the drift and volatility functions of interest rate models is proposed. The test is based on a marked empirical process of the residuals. More specifically, a marked empirical process is constructed using estimators of the integrated regression function and the integrated conditional variance function for the drift function and the volatility function, respectively. Distributions of these processes are approximated using bootstrap techniques. This test is then applied to simulated classical financial models and is illustrated in an empirical application to a EURIBOR data set.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 55 (2011)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Integrated regression function Integrated conditional variance function Diffusion processes Empirical process Residuals;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Gao, Jiti & Casas, Isabel, 2008.
"Specification testing in discretized diffusion models: Theory and practice,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 131-140, November.
- Gao, Jiti & Casas, Isabel, 2006. "Specification testing in discretized diffusion models: Theory and practice," MPRA Paper 11980, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2007.
- Das, Sanjiv R., 2002. "The surprise element: jumps in interest rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 27-65, January.
- Fan J. & Zhang C., 2003. "A Reexamination of Diffusion Estimators With Applications to Financial Model Validation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 118-134, January.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell, 2004. "Adaptive Testing In Continuous-Time Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(05), pages 844-882, October.
- Arapis, Manuel & Gao, Jiti, 2004.
"Empirical comparisons in short-term interest rate models using nonparametric methods,"
11974, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Dec 2005.
- Manuel Arapis & Jiti Gao, 2006. "Empirical Comparisons in Short-Term Interest Rate Models Using Nonparametric Methods," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(2), pages 310-345.
- Ilia Negri & Yoichi Nishiyama, 2009. "Goodness of fit test for ergodic diffusion processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(4), pages 919-928, December.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- AÃ¯t-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Peng, Heng, 2009. "Nonparametric Transition-Based Tests for Jump Diffusions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1102-1116.
- Li, Fuchun, 2007. "Testing The Parametric Specification Of The Diffusion Function In A Diffusion Process," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 221-250, April.
- Chen, Song Xi & Gao, Jiti & Tang, Chenghong, 2005. "A test for model specification of diffusion processes," MPRA Paper 11976, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.