Integrative strategic performance measurement systems, strategic alignment of manufacturing, learning and strategic outcomes: an exploratory study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 30 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cavalluzzo, Ken S. & Ittner, Christopher D., 2004. "Implementing performance measurement innovations: evidence from government," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 243-267.
- Fullerton, Rosemary R. & McWatters, Cheryl S., 2002. "The role of performance measures and incentive systems in relation to the degree of JIT implementation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 711-735, November.
- Billington, CA & Davis, TC, 1992. "Manufacturing strategy analysis: Models and practice," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 20(5-6), pages 587-595.
- Michael L. Tushman & Ralph Katz, 1980. "External Communication and Project Performance: An Investigation into the Role of Gatekeepers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(11), pages 1071-1085, November.
- Eugene W. Anderson & Claes Fornell & Roland T. Rust, 1997. "Customer Satisfaction, Productivity, and Profitability: Differences Between Goods and Services," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 129-145.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F. & Randall, Taylor, 2003. "Performance implications of strategic performance measurement in financial services firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(7-8), pages 715-741.
- Sriraman Bhoovaraghavan & Ashok Vasudevan & Rajan Chandran, 1996. "Resolving the Process vs. Product Innovation Dilemma: A Consumer Choice Theoretic Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 232-246, February.
- Chenhall, R. H. & Langfield-Smith, K., 1998. "The relationship between strategic priorities, management techniques and management accounting: an empirical investigation using a systems approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 243-264, April.
- Guilding, Chris, 1999. "Competitor-focused accounting: an exploratory note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 583-595, October.
- George Huber, 1982. "Organizational Information Systems: Determinants of Their Performance and Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 138-155, February.
- Kimberly A. Bates & Susan D. Amundson & Roger G. Schroeder & William T. Morris, 1995. "The Crucial Interrelationship Between Manufacturing Strategy and Organizational Culture," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(10), pages 1565-1580, October.
- Perera, S. & Harrison, G. & Poole, M., 1997. "Customer-focused manufacturing strategy and the use of operations-based non-financial performance measures: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 557-572, August.
- Briers, Michael & Hirst, Mark, 1990. "The role of budgetary information in performance evaluation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 373-398.
- Mooraj, Stella & Oyon, Daniel & Hostettler, Didier, 1999. "The balanced scorecard: a necessary good or an unnecessary evil?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 481-491, October.
- Bruce Kogut, 1991. "Joint Ventures and the Option to Expand and Acquire," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 19-33, January.
- Shao, Junyang & Moser, Roger & Henke, Michael, 2012. "Multidimensional supply performance framework: A conceptual development and empirical analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 26-34.
- Ingrid Fasshauer, 2011. "Quand les cadres intermédiaires utilisent les outils de contrôle pour influencer la stratégie," Post-Print hal-00650427, HAL.
- Jan Bouwens & Laurence Van Lent, 2007.
"Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 667-697, 09.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & Lent, L.A.G.M. van, 2006. "Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers," Discussion Paper 2006-92, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & Lent, L.A.G.M. van, 2007. "Assessing the performance of business unit managers," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-210600, Tilburg University.
- Hall, Matthew, 2010. "Accounting information and managerial work," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 301-315, April.
- Stephen Gates & Pascal Langevin, 2010. "Human capital measures, strategy and performance: HR managers' perceptions," Post-Print hal-00771144, HAL.
- Widener, Sally K., 2007. "An empirical analysis of the levers of control framework," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 757-788.
- Marc Journeault, 2010. "The Influence Of Eco-Control On Environmental And Economic Performance: A Natural Resourcebased Approach," Post-Print hal-00481559, HAL.
- Wiersma, Eelke, 2008. "An exploratory study of relative and incremental information content of two non-financial performance measures: Field study evidence on absence frequency and on-time delivery," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 249-265.
- Vassili Joannides, 2011. "La gestion sans budget ou l'alignement de la finance sur la stratégie," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00650532, HAL.
- Hall, Matthew, 2008. "The effect of comprehensive performance measurement systems on role clarity, psychological empowerment and managerial performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 141-163.
- E. Van Der Hauwaert & W. Bruggeman, 2012. "The balanced scorecard as an enabling technology – the role of participation," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/816, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Cadez, Simon & Guilding, Chris, 2008. "An exploratory investigation of an integrated contingency model of strategic management accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 836-863.
- Henri, Jean-François & Journeault, Marc, 2010. "Eco-control: The influence of management control systems on environmental and economic performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Li, Xiao & Gu, Xin Jian & Liu, Zheng Gang, 2009. "A strategic performance measurement system for firms across supply and demand chains on the analogy of ecological succession," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2918-2929, October.
- Henri, Jean-Francois, 2006. "Management control systems and strategy: A resource-based perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 529-558, August.
- Carraresi, Laura & Mamaqi, Xhevrie & Albisu, Luis Miguel & Banterle, Alessandro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Strategic Choices and Performance in Italian Food SMEs: A Resource-based Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114318, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Naranjo-Gil, David & Hartmann, Frank, 2007. "Management accounting systems, top management team heterogeneity and strategic change," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 735-756.
- Frow, Natalie & Marginson, David & Ogden, Stuart, 2010. ""Continuous" budgeting: Reconciling budget flexibility with budgetary control," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 444-461, May.
- Grafton, Jennifer & Lillis, Anne M. & Widener, Sally K., 2010. "The role of performance measurement and evaluation in building organizational capabilities and performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 689-706, October.
- van Veen-Dirks, Paula, 2010. "Different uses of performance measures: The evaluation versus reward of production managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-164, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.