Implementing performance measurement innovations: evidence from government
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ansari, Shahid & Euske, K. J., 1987. "Rational, rationalizing, and reifying uses of accounting data in organizations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 549-570, October.
- Geiger, Dale R. & Ittner, Christopher D., 1996. "The influence of funding source and legislative requirements on government cost accounting practices," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 549-567, August.
- Anderson, Shannon W. & Young, S. Mark, 1999. "The impact of contextual and process factors on the evaluation of activity-based costing systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 525-559, October.
- Whynes, David K, 1993. "Can Performance Monitoring Solve the Public Services' Principal-Agent Problem?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 40(4), pages 434-46, November.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1997. "Power of Incentives in Private versus Public Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 378-82, May.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1986. "Reforming Public Bureaucracy through Economic Incentives?," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 131-61, Spring.
- Tirole, J., 1993.
"The Internal Organization of Government,"
93-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Nor'Aini YUSOF & Ismael Younis ABU-JARAD & Mohd Hasanal BADREE, 2012. "The Effectiveness Of Government Incentives To Facilitate An Innovative Housing Delivery System: The Perspective Of Housing Developers," Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 7(1), pages 55-68, February.
- Istemi Demirag & Iqbal Khadaroo, 2011. "Accountability and value for money: a theoretical framework for the relationship in public–private partnerships," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 271-296, May.
- Verbeeten, F.H.M., 2005. "New’ Performance Measures: Determinants of Their Use and Their Impact on Performance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-054-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Leslie S. Oakes & Joni J. Young, 2008. "Accountability re-examined: evidence from Hull House," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(6), pages 765-790, August.
- Cristiana Parisi, 2013. "The impact of organisational alignment on the effectiveness of firms’ sustainability strategic performance measurement systems: an empirical analysis," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 71-97, February.
- Frank H.M. Verbeeten, 2008. "Performance management practices in public sector organizations: Impact on performance," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(3), pages 427-454, April.
- Wouters, Marc & Wilderom, Celeste, 2008. "Developing performance-measurement systems as enabling formalization: A longitudinal field study of a logistics department," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 488-516.
- Ken Crofts & Jayne Bisman, 2010. "Interrogating accountability: An illustration of the use of Leximancer software for qualitative data analysis," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 180-207, June.
- Jagdish PATHAK & Abdulkadir HUSSEIN & Ram SRIRAM & S. Ejaz AHMED, 2010. "On Measuring the Criticality of Various Variables and Processes in Organization Information Systems: Proposed Methodological Procedure," Informatica Economica, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(2), pages 5-18.
- Ángel Barajas Alonso & Patricio Sánchez Fernández, 2009. "The balanced scorecard of public investment in sport: proposal for change," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 5(1), pages 89-107, Maggio.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2005. "Integrative strategic performance measurement systems, strategic alignment of manufacturing, learning and strategic outcomes: an exploratory study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 395-422, July.
- Stamatiadis, Filippos & Eriotis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Evolution of the Governmental Accounting Reform implementation in Greek Public Hospitals: Testing the institutional framework," MPRA Paper 28816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.