Saving or stripping rural industry: an analysis of privatization and efficiency in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian, 1998. "Public Versus Private Ownership Of Firms: Evidence From Rural China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(3), pages 773-808, August.
- Chen, Hongyi & Rozelle, Scott, 1999. "Leaders, managers, and the organization of township and village enterprises in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 529-557, December.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1991. "Estimation of technical inefficiency in panel data models with firm- and time-specific effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 43-48, May.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-74, October.
- Guo Biao Yang, 1998. "Barriers to Entry and Industrial Performance in China," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 39-51.
- Li, Hongbin, 2003. "Reversing privatization as a screening mechanism," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 267-271, February.
- Ito, Junichi, 2006. "Economic and institutional reform packages and their impact on productivity: A case study of Chinese township and village enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 167-190, March.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Su, Jian, 2006. "Privatization and restructuring in China: Evidence from shareholding ownership, 1995-2001," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 146-166, March.
- Bai, Chong-En & Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2009.
"How does privatization work in China?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 453-470, September.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Su Jian & Jiang Yuan & Yu Xinhua, 2003. "The Impact of Ownership Reform in Chinese Industry, 1995-2001," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 542, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 2002. "The Central Role of Entrepreneurs in Transition Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 153-170, Summer.
- Chen, Shiyi & Jefferson, Gary H. & Zhang, Jun, 2011. "Structural change, productivity growth and industrial transformation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 133-150, March.
- Li, Hongbin & Yang, Zheyu & Yao, Xianguo & Zhang, Haifeng & Zhang, Junsen, 2012. "Entrepreneurship, private economy and growth: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 948-961.
- Tetsushi Sonobe & Keijiro Otsuka, 2004.
"Productivity Effects of TVE Privatization: The Case Study of Garment and Metal-Casting Enterprises in the Greater Yangtze River Region,"
in: Governance, Regulation, and Privatization in the Asia-Pacific Region, NBER East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 12, pages 231-250
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tetsushi Sonobe & Keijiro Otsuka, 2003. "Productivity Effects of TVE Privatization: The Case Study of Garment and Metal Casting Enterprises in the Greater Yangtze River Region," NBER Working Papers 9621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 195-205, September.
- Jiahua Che, 2003. "The Life Cycle of Government Ownership," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-627, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott, 2001. "Insider Privatization With A Tail: The Buyout Price And Performance Of Privatized Firms In Rural China," Working Papers 11968, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Md. Shakil Ahmed & M. Daud Ahmed, 2013. "Efficiency Variation of Manufacturing Firms: A Case Study of Seafood Processing Firms in Bangladesh," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 45-56, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.