Research In Econometric Theory: Quantitative And Qualitative Productivity Rankings
AbstractWe rank institutions and researchers based on a standardized page count of their econometric theory publications over the last 11 years (1986 1996) in 11 economics and statistics journals. Our ranking criteria differ from those employed by Hall (1987, Econometric Theory 3, 171 194; 1990, Econometric Theory 6, 1 16) and Baltagi (1998, Econometric Theory 14, 1 43). We weight the standardized page count of a publication by the publishing journal s impact factor, which measures a journal s impact on the profession. We also depart from the previous rankings by focusing only on publications in theoretical econometrics. Our rankings reveal Yale University to be the leading academic institution, enjoying a large lead over the other top institutions: University of Chicago, M.I.T., and London School of Economics. Our rankings also reveal that Peter Phillips and Donald Andrews (both affiliated with Yale University) are the leading researchers in theoretical econometrics. We also provide rankings of countries and Ph.D. programs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 05 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco Cribari-Neto & Mark J. Jensen & Alvaro C. Novo, 1997. "Research in Econometric Theory: Quantitative and Qualitative Productivity Rankings," Econometrics 9711001, EconWPA, revised 04 Mar 1998.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lubrano, Michel & Protopopescu, Camelia, 2004. "Density inference for ranking European research systems in the field of economics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 345-369, December.
- Nicholas G. Rupp & Carl Nicholas McKinney Jr., .
"The Publication Patterns of the Elite Economics Departments: 1995-2000,"
0112, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas G. Rupp, 2002. "The Publication Patterns of the Elite Economics Departments: 1995-2000," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 523-538, Fall.
- Paulo S.A. Sousa & Pedro Cosme C. Vieira, 2011. "Universities and authors: a ranking for international finance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 507-518.
- Philippe Jeannin, 2004. "Les économistes et leurs revues," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(3), pages 275-288.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2007.
"Visibilité des contributions en économie industrielle dans les revues scientifiques internationales
[Visibility of contributions in Industrial Organization in international scientific journals]," MPRA Paper 31688, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2009. "Assessing trends in editorial preferences towards 'Industrial Organization' articles: 1991-2000," MPRA Paper 31168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2009.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2009. "Assessing trends in editorial preferences towards industrial organization article," MPRA Paper 30406, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2009.
- Giuseppe Munda, 2012. "Beyond GDP: Methodological and measurement issues in redefining “wealth”," UHE Working papers 2012_09, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Badi H. Baltagi, 2007.
"Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989-2005,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
94, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Vicente ROYUELA & J.C. DUQUE & J. SURIÑACH, 2008. "Regional And Urban Science In France: Rankings Of Authors And Institutions And Publication Patterns During The Nineties," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 207-232.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.