Las privatizaciones en Colombia
AbstractUna visión panorámica del proceso de privatización colombiana, en el análisiscomparado, muestra por lo menos dos características que lo distinguen de otrosprocesos. La primera, el sector empresarial y la clase política sostienen unarelación estrecha de manera que las decisiones de política y la gestión públicaestán impregnadas por los intereses privados aún antes de proceder a privatizar.Y la segunda, a diferencia de otras experiencias latinoaméricanas, el procesopolítico y el tipo de organizaciones, permitió que el cambio fuera ordenado, condefinición de unos objetivos y unas responsabilidades especificas.__________ABSTRACTA panoramic vision of hte Colombian process of privatization, in the comparedanálisis, show at least two characteristics that distinguís it of other proceses.First, the enterprise sector and the political class maintain a close relationship sothat the decisions of policy and the public management are impregnated by theprivate interests still before coming to privatize. And second, unlike other LatinAmerican experiences, the political process and the type of organization who wasadopted for the decision making in the subject of privatizations, allowed that theprocess was ordered, with definition of objectives and especific responsibilities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by UNIVERSIDAD PEDAGOGICA Y TECNOLOGICA DE COLOMBIA in its journal REVISTA APUNTES DEL CENES.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Process; privatization; regulation; State; Proceso; privatización; regulación; Estado.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2004. "Reform fatigue: symptoms, reasons, and implications," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 2, pages 1 - 28.
- Eduardo Lora, 2001.
"Structural reforms in Latin America: What has been reformed and how to measure it?,"
Research Department Publications
4287, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora, 2001. "Structural Reforms in Latin America: What Has Been Reformed and How to Measure It," Research Department Publications 4293, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora, 2001. "Structural Reforms in Latin America: What Has Been Reformed and How to Measure It," IDB Publications 39858, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paredes, Ricardo D & Sanchez, Jose Miguel, 2004.
"Government Concession Contracts in Chile: The Role of Competition in the Bidding Process,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 215-34, October.
- Ricardo Paredes & José Miguel Sánchez, 2003. "Government Concession Contracts in Chile: The Role of Competition in the Bidding Process," Documentos de Trabajo 258, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramírez, 2003.
"Privatization in Colombia: A Plant Performance Analysis,"
Research Department Publications
3151, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramirez, 2002. "Privatization in Colombia: a plant performance analysis," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 003377, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Eudoro Vallejo Zamudio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.