Las privatizaciones en Colombia
AbstractUna visión panorámica del proceso de privatización colombiana, en el análisis comparado, muestra por lo menos dos características que lo distinguen de otros procesos. La primera, el sector empresarial y la clase política sostienen una relación estrecha de manera que las decisiones de política y la gestión pública están impregnadas por los intereses privados aún antes de proceder a privatizar. Y la segunda, a diferencia de otras experiencias latinoaméricanas, el proceso político y el tipo de organizaciones, permitió que el cambio fuera ordenado, con definición de unos objetivos y unas responsabilidades especificas. __________ ABSTRACT A panoramic vision of hte Colombian process of privatization, in the compared análisis, show at least two characteristics that distinguís it of other proceses. First, the enterprise sector and the political class maintain a close relationship so that the decisions of policy and the public management are impregnated by the private interests still before coming to privatize. And second, unlike other Latin American experiences, the political process and the type of organization who was adopted for the decision making in the subject of privatizations, allowed that the process was ordered, with definition of objectives and especific responsibilities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by UNIVERSIDAD PEDAGOGICA Y TECNOLOGICA DE COLOMBIA in its journal REVISTA APUNTES DEL CENES.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramirez, 2002.
"Privatization in Colombia: a plant performance analysis,"
BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN
003377, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramírez, 2003. "Privatization in Colombia: A Plant Performance Analysis," Research Department Publications 3151, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora, 2001. "Structural Reforms in Latin America: What Has Been Reformed and How to Measure It," IDB Publications 39858, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paredes, Ricardo D & Sanchez, Jose Miguel, 2004.
"Government Concession Contracts in Chile: The Role of Competition in the Bidding Process,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 215-34, October.
- Ricardo Paredes & JosÃ© Miguel SÃ¡nchez, 2003. "Government Concession Contracts in Chile: The Role of Competition in the Bidding Process," Documentos de Trabajo 258, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Eduardo Lora, 2001.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America: What Has Been Reformed and How to Measure It,"
Research Department Publications
4293, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora, 2001. "Structural reforms in Latin America: What has been reformed and how to measure it?," Research Department Publications 4287, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2004. "Reform fatigue: symptoms, reasons, and implications," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 2, pages 1 - 28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Eudoro Vallejo Zamudio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.