A Dynamic Model of Pension Fund Companies
AbstractTwo dynamic profit maximizing models of a pension fund company are developed and solved using calculus of variations techniques. Starting with a low portfolio management fee and increasing it gradually to a level of interest rate of Government paper is shown to be the optimal strategy which is contrary to the observed behavior of such companies. Thus, this result should lead the managers of such funds to review their pricing strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul in its journal Istanbul Stock Exchange Review.
Volume (Year): 13 (2013)
Issue (Month): 51 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Reşitpaşa mh. Tuncay Artun Cd. Emirgan, 34467 İstanbul
Phone: (90 212) 298 2100
Fax: (90 212) 298 2189
Web page: http://www.borsaistanbul.com
More information through EDIRC
Pension Fund Companies; Dynamic Models; Portfolio Management Fee; Calculus of Variations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carliner, Geoffrey, 1973. "Income Elasticity of Housing Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 528-32, November.
- Durmaz, Nazif, 2011.
"Housing Prices and Fundamentals: The Role of a Supply Shifter,"
28556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nazif Durmaz, 2011. "Housing Prices and Fundamentals: The Role of a Supply Shifter," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2468-2479.
- Peter Abelson & Roselyne Joyeux & George Milunovich & Demi Chung, 2005. "Explaining House Prices in Australia: 1970-2003," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages S96-S103, 08.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ahmet Palu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.