The Effects of Foreign Acquisition on Domestic and Export Markets Dynamics in China
AbstractUsing recent data from Chinese manufacturing industry and the generalised propensity score, this paper establishes economically significant causal effects of foreign acquisition on domestic and export market dynamics. Copyright 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal World Economy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920
Other versions of this item:
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, . "The Effects of Foreign Acquisition on Domestic and Export Markets Dynamics in China," Discussion Papers 08/04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fryges, Helmut & Wagner, Joachim, 2007.
"Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2782, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helmut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2008. "Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 144(4), pages 695-722, December.
- Helmut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth - First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-063, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Fryges, Helmut & Wagner, Joachim, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth: First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hemlut Fryges & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity Growth – First Evidence from a Continuous Treatment Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics 49, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-32, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2006.
"Evaluating the Foreign Ownership Wage Premium Using a Difference-in-Differences Matching Approach,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5788, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger, 2007. "Evaluating the foreign ownership wage premium using a difference-in-differences matching approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 97-112, May.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2006. "Evaluating the foreign ownership wage premium using a difference-indifferences matching approach," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp165, IIIS.
- Yundan Gong & Holger Gorg & Sara Maioli, 2007.
"Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-owned Enterprises,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 197-214.
- Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger & Maioli, Sara, 2006. "Employment Effects of Privatisation and Foreign Acquisition of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 2453, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kosuke Imai & David A. van Dyk, 2004. "Causal Inference With General Treatment Regimes: Generalizing the Propensity Score," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 854-866, January.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2007. "Finance and Firm Export in China," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 37-54, 02.
- David Greenaway & Alessandra Guariglia & Zhihong Yu, . "The More the Better? Foreign Ownership and Corporate Performance in China," Discussion Papers 09/05, University of Nottingham, GEP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.