The Football Players' Labor Market: Empirical Evidence From The Major European Leagues
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 54 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frick, Bernd, 2012. "Die Entlohnung von Fußball-Profis: Ist die vielfach kritisierte 'Gehaltsexplosion' ökonomisch erklärbar?," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Sport und Sportgroßveranstaltungen in Europa - zwischen Zentralstaat und Regionen, pages 79-110 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Alex Bryson & Bernd Frick & Rob Simmons, 2009.
"The Returns to Scarce Talent: Footedness and Player Remuneration in European Soccer,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0948, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Alex Bryson & Frick, B. and Simmons, R., 2009. "The Returns to Scarce Talent: Footedness and Player Remuneration in European Soccer," NIESR Discussion Papers 339, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Alex Bryson & Bernd Frick & Rob Simmons, 2009. "The returns to scarce talent: footedness and player remuneration in European soccer," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27784, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nikolaus Beck & Mark Meyer, 2012. "Modeling team performance," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 335-356, August.
- Brandes, Leif & Franck, Egon, 2012.
"Social preferences or personal career concerns? Field evidence on positive and negative reciprocity in the workplace,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 925-939.
- Leif Brandes & Egon Franck, . "Social Preferences or Personal Career Concerns? Field Evidence on Positive and Negative Reciprocity in the Workplace," Working Papers 0134, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Erik E. Lehmann & Günther G. Schulze, 2007. "What does it take to be a star? The role of performance and the media for German soccer players," Discussion Paper Series 1, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Mar 2008.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2010.
"Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps,"
0122, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2011. "Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps," Working Papers 1105, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2010. "Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps," Working Papers 0035, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Marco A. Haan & Ruud H. Koning & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2012. "The Effects of Institutional Change in European Soccer," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 232(3), pages 318-335, May.
- Lenten, Liam J.A. & Geerling, Wayne & Kónya, László, 2012. "A hedonic model of player wage determination from the Indian Premier League auction: Further evidence," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 60-71.
- Reilly, Barry & Witt, Robert, 2011. "Disciplinary sanctions in English Premiership Football: Is there a racial dimension?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 360-370, June.
- Hans van Ophem & Jeroen Ruijg, 2014. "Determinants of football transfers," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 14-01, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.