Competition In Mobile Telephony In France And Germany
AbstractThis paper analyses the development of mobile telephony in France and Germany in 1998-2002. We conduct this analysis in relation to the antitrust investigation initiated by the French competition authority in 2002 due to exchange of strategic information and a share-fixing agreement between network operators. The results suggest a significant difference between price elasticities of demand in these two countries. Moreover, consumers perceive mobile telephony as a substitute for fixed-line connection in France and as a complement in Germany. In the time period of the share-fixing agreement among French network operators there were no adverse shifts in the levels of prices and subscriptions. Copyright � 2010 The Authors. The Manchester School � 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and The University of Manchester.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School.
Volume (Year): 78 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1463-6786
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Chiraz Karamti, 2007. "Competition in Mobile Telephony in France and Germany," Working Papers 07-24, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukasz Grzybowski, 2012. "Fixed-to-Mobile Substitution in the European Union," Working Papers 271, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Chiraz Karamti & Lukasz Grzybowski, 2010. "Hedonic study on mobile telephony market in France: pricing–quality strategies," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 255-289, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.