Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process
AbstractThis paper considers blockwise empirical likelihood for real-valued linear time processes which may exhibit either short- or long-range dependence. Empirical likelihood approaches intended for weakly dependent time series can fail in the presence of strong dependence. However, a modified blockwise method is proposed for confidence interval estimation of the process mean, which is valid for various dependence structures including long-range dependence. The finite-sample performance of the method is evaluated through a simulation study and compared with other confidence interval procedures involving subsampling or normal approximations. Copyright 2007 The Authors Journal compilation 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 28 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
Other versions of this item:
- Nordman, Dan Nordman & Sibbertsen, Philipp & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the mean of a long-range dependent process," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-327, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald W. K. Andrews & Yixiao Sun, 2004.
"Adaptive Local Polynomial Whittle Estimation of Long-range Dependence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 569-614, 03.
- ANDREWS, DONALD W & Sun, Yixiao X, 2002. "Adaptive Local Polynomial Whittle Estimation of Long-Range Dependence," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9wt048tt, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Yixiao Sun, 2002. "Adaptive Local Polynomial Whittle Estimation of Long-range Dependence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1384, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Davidson, James & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2009.
"Tests of bias in log-periodogram regression,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 83-86, February.
- James Davidson & Philipp Sibbertsen, 2008. "Tests of Bias in Log-Periodogram Regression," Discussion Papers 0805, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, James & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2005. "Tests of Bias in Log-Periodogram Regression," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-317, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Nordman, Daniel J. & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Validity Of The Sampling Window Method For Long-Range Dependent Linear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 1087-1111, December.
- Lahiri, S. N., 1993. "On the moving block bootstrap under long range dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 405-413, December.
- Li, Minqiang & Peng, Liang & Qi, Yongcheng, 2011. "Reduce computation in profile empirical likelihood method," MPRA Paper 33744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianfranco Adimari & Annamaria Guolo, 2010. "A note on the asymptotic behaviour of empirical likelihood statistics," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 463-476, November.
- Hjort, Nils Lid, 2009. "Extending the Scope of Empirical Likelihood. Ann. Stat," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain info:hdl:2078.1/35625, Université catholique de Louvain.
- Wu, Rongning & Cao, Jiguo, 2011. "Blockwise empirical likelihood for time series of counts," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 661-673, March.
- Gong, Yun & Peng, Liang & Qi, Yongcheng, 2010. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1520-1531, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.