Saving the Southern Murray‐Darling Basin: The Economic Effects of a Buyback of Irrigation Water
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The Economic Society of Australia in its journal Economic Record.
Volume (Year): 87 (2011)
Issue (Month): 276 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Central Council Administration, L.P.O. Box 2161, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Phone: 61 3 9497 4140
Fax: 61 3 9497 4140
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0013-0249
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen Marchiori & Susan Sayre & Leo Simon, 2012. "On the Implementation and Performance of Water Rights Buyback Schemes," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 26(10), pages 2799-2816, August.
- Morrison, Mark & Wheeler, Sarah Ann & Hatton MacDonald, Darla, 2011. "Towards a more nuanced discussion of the net-benefits of sharing water in the Murray-Darling Basin," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 8(2).
- George Verikios & Xiao-guang Zhang, 2014. "Structural change and income distribution: the case of Australian telecommunications," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-240, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
- Iftekhar, M.S. & Tisdell, J.G. & Connor, J.D., 2013. "Effects of competition on environmental water buyback auctions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 59-73.
- Giesecke, James A. & Madden, John R., 2013. "Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modeling," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Glyn Wittwer & Janine Dixon, 2012. "Upgrading irrigation infrastructure in the Murray Darling Basin: is it worth it?," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-228, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- George Verikios & Xiao-guang Zhang, 2013. "Reform of Australian Urban Transport: A CGE-Microsimulation Analysis of the Effects on Income Distribution," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-239, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Verikios, George & Zhang, Xiao-guang, 2013. "Structural change in the Australian electricity industry during the 1990s and the effect on household income distribution: A macro–micro approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 564-575.
- Glyn Wittwer & Peter Dixon, 2011. "Water trading, buybacks and drought in the Murray-Darling basin: lessons from economic modelling," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-222, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Dixon, Peter B. & Rimmer, Maureen T., 2013. "Validation in Computable General Equilibrium Modeling," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Adamson, David & Oss-Emer, Max & Quiggin, John, 2011. "Property Rights and Water Buy Back in Australia's Murray-Darling Basin," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 149883, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Sarah Wheeler & Dustin Garrick & Adam Loch & Henning Bjornlund, 2011. "Incorporating Temporary Trade with the Buy-Back of Water Entitlements inAustralia," Centre for Water Economics, Environment and Policy Papers 1101, Centre for Water Economics, Environment and Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.