Testing Target-Zone Models Using Efficient Method of Moments
AbstractThe objectives of this article are threefold: (1) to test target zone models using more efficient and direct econometric methodology than previous research, (2) to identify an implicit band, if it exists, from observed data and to test target-zone models based on the estimated implicit band rather than the stated official band, and (3) to examine whether the exchange rate can be modeled as a managed float system with a central parity that lacks a band. We find strong evidence that a model with intramarginal intervention and a narrower implicit (unofficial) band can describe the dynamics of the French franc/Deutsche mark exchange rate from January I, 1987-July 30, 1993.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jón Daníelsson & Francisco Peñaranda, 2011.
"On The Impact Of Fundamentals, Liquidity, And Coordination On Market Stability,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(3), pages 621-638, 08.
- Francisco Peñaranda & Jón Daníelsson, 2007. "On the impact of fundamentals, liquidity and coordination on market stability," Economics Working Papers 1003, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2010.
- Jon Danielsson & Francisco Penaranda, 2007. "On the impact of fundamentals, liquidity and coordination on market stability," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24480, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francisco Penaranda & Jon Danielsson, 2007. "On the Impact of Fundamentals, Liquidity and Coordination on Market Stability," FMG Discussion Papers dp586, Financial Markets Group.
- Mark P. Taylor & Stefan Reitz, 2013. "Exchange Rates in Target Zones - Evidence from the Danish Krone," Kiel Working Papers 1827, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Cai, Zongwu & Hong, Yongmiao, 2003. "Nonparametric Methods in Continuous-Time Finance: A Selective Review," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,15, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Timo Terasvirta, 2004.
"A Time Series Model for an Exchange Rate in a Target Zone with Applications,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
340, Econometric Society.
- Lundbergh, Stefan & Terasvirta, Timo, 2006. "A time series model for an exchange rate in a target zone with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 579-609.
- Lundbergh, Stefan & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2003. "A time series model for an exchange rate in a target zone with applications," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 533, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Antonis Demos, 2014. "On the Validity of Edgeworth Expansions and Moment Approximations for Three Indirect Inference Estimators," DEOS Working Papers 1406, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Horváth, Roman, 2008.
"Volatility of exchange rates in selected new EU members: Evidence from daily data,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 103-118, March.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Roman Horváth, 2007. "Volatility of Exchange Rates in Selected New EU Members: Evidence from Daily Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 2107, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:wyi:wpaper:002011 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wyi:journl:002108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2005.
"Non-Linear Exchange Rate Dynamics in Target Zones: A Bumpy Road Towards A Honeymoon Some Evidence from the ERM, ERM2 and Selected New EU Member States,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp771, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Balázs Egert & Ronald MacDonald, 2005. "Non-Linear Exchange Rate Dynamics in Target Zones: A Bumpy Road towards a Honeymoon - Some Evidence from the ERM, ERM2 and Selected New EU Member States," CESifo Working Paper Series 1511, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.