Profile of Organizations in Bulgaria with Adopted ISO 9001
AbstractStandardization has a strategic importance for the organization. The number of companies that have adopted ISO 9000 increased during the last years. According to the reports in CLUB 9000, in May 2010 there were 5,556 ISO 9000 certified companies in Bulgaria. There are no empirical studies in Bulgaria that investigate which companies decide to adopt ISO 9000. Using secondary data, this study builds a profile of ISO 9000 certified companies. The results show that companies with more resources, more foreign relations, higher degree of external regulatory pressure, and operations focus on high quality, not low price, have a higher probability of certification than the companies that do not have these characteristics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Withers, Barbara & Ebrahimpour, Maling, 2000. "Does ISO 9000 certification affect the dimensions of quality used for competitive advantage?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 431-443, August.
- Capmany, Carlos & Hooker, Neal H. & Ozuna, Teofilo, Jr. & van Tilburg, Aad, 2000. "Iso 9000 -- A Marketing Tool For U.S. Agribusiness," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(01).
- Ghobadian, A. & Gallear, D. N., 1996. "Total quality management in SMEs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 83-106, February.
- Adams, Mike, 1999. "Determinants of ISO accreditation in the New Zealand manufacturing sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 285-292, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.