Financial Risks Analysis For A Commercial Bank In The Romanian Banking System
AbstractThe main goal of every bank is managing the risks arising from bankingtransactions in order to have a profitable activity. Bank managers must identify and manageall risks associated with each business they enter into, since exposure to significant risksreduces the present value of expected future cash flow. The main financial risks associatedwith the activities of a bank arise as a result of the bank's operations in the financial sector.Financial risks a bank is confronted consist of credit risk, liquidity risk, market risks (interestrate risk and currency risk). Because an inefficient management of financial risks causes themajority of bankruptcies in the banking system, this category of risks has a significantposition in the managerial process of any bank. Our paper focuses on assessing the exposureof a commercial bank from the Romanian banking system to financial risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
financial risks; credit risk; liquidity risk; interest rate risk; currency risk;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Summer & Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar, 2002.
"Risk Assessment for Banking Systems,"
79, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Kosmas Njanike, 2009. "The Impact of Effective Credit Risk Management on Bank Survival," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 9(2), pages 173-184.
- Peter Christoffersen & Sílvia Gonçalves, 2004. "Estimation Risk in Financial Risk Management," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-15, CIRANO.
- Carol Alexander, 2005. "The Present and Future of Financial Risk Management," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(1), pages 3-25.
- Budiono Gatut & Vincent Aryanto, 2010. "Batik Industry Of Indonesia: The Rise, Fall And Prospects," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 5(3), pages 156-170, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.