The Economic Crises And The Role Of International Financial Institutions In Adjusting The Mechanism Of The World Economy
AbstractThe economic, financial and social transformations within the world economy give birth to a series of major preoccupations regarding the economic aspects of the globalization process, such as – financial crises, international financial vulnerability and failures concerning economic growth – to which this paper gives a close attention. Within the analytical framework, it is being demonstrated that the phenomena that we are dealing with today encompass globalization and they offer the latter new dimensions. Thus, the paper analyses the factors that contribute to the emergence of international financial crises, the effects of those crises, while the main objective remains to make a list of the specific problems that influence the expansion and gravity of economic crises.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Annals of Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 39 ()
globalization; economic crises; international organizations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Financial Crises, Poverty, and Income Distribution," IMF Working Papers 02/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert A. Mundell, 1962. "The Appropriate Use of Monetary and Fiscal Policy for Internal and External Stability," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 70-79, March.
- Isard,Peter, 2005. "Globalization and the International Financial System," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521843898, October.
- Isard,Peter, 2005. "Globalization and the International Financial System," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521605076, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anca Bandoi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.