Exchange Rate Policy and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: a proposal based on Keynes’ ideas and keynesian approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics] in its series Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] with number 200806251450360.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Tiradentes, 17 - Ingá Niterói, RJ 24210-510 Brazil
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stanley Fischer, 2001. "Exchange Rate Regimes: Is the Bipolar View Correct?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 3-24, Spring.
- Antonio J. Alves, Jr. & Fernando Ferrari, Jr. & Luiz F. R. De Paula, 2000. "The Post Keynesian Critique of Conventional Currency Crisis Models and Davidson's Proposal to Reform the International Monetary System," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(2), pages 207-225, January.
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Murray Glickman, 1994. "The Concept of Information, Intractable Uncertainty, and the Current State of the "Efficient Markets" Theory: A Post Keynesian View," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(3), pages 325-349, April.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear Of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Philip Arestis & Luiz Fernando de Paula & Fernando Ferrari-Filho, 2006. "Inflation Targeting In Emerging Countries: The Case Of Brazil," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 42, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1995.
"The Mirage of Fixed Exchange Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
5191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Tobin, 1978.
"A Proposal for International Monetary Reform,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
506, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ramon Moreno, 2005. "Motives for intervention," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications, volume 24, pages 4-18 Bank for International Settlements.
- José Luís Oreiro & Luiz Fernando de Paula, 2005. "Strategy for Economic Growth in Brazil: a Post Keynesian Approach," Working Papers 0027, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2000. "Capital Market Liberalization, Economic Growth, and Instability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1075-1086, June.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995.
"Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 162-72, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, James Tobin, and Charles Wyplosz., 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-045, University of California at Berkeley.
- Roberto Frenkel, 2006. "An alternative to inflation targeting in Latin America: macroeconomic policies focused on employment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(4), pages 573-591, July.
- Nicolas Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2007.
"Capital Controls: An Evaluation,"
in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 645-674
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolas Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2005. "Capital Controls: An Evaluation," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-19, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Nicolas Magud & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2006. "Capital Controls: An Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 11973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Magud, Nicolas, 2007. "Capital controls: An evaluation," MPRA Paper 14097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grabel, Ilene, 1996. "Marketing the third world: The contradictions of portfolio investment in the global economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1761-1776, November.
- Jahangir Aziz & Francesco Caramazza, 1998. "Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s," IMF Economic Issues 13, International Monetary Fund.
- Edison, Hali J. & Levine, Ross & Ricci, Luca & Slok, Torsten, 2002.
"International financial integration and economic growth,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 749-776, November.
- Hali J. Edison & Ross Levine & Luca Ricci & Torsten Slok, 2002. "International Financial Integration and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 9164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torsten SlÃ¸k & Hali J. Edison & Luca Antonio Ricci & Ross Levine, 2002. "International Financial Integration and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 02/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilene Grabel, 2003. "Averting crisis? Assessing measures to manage financial integration in emerging economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 317-336, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.