Strategic Policy Issues for Agricultural Research in Canada
AbstractAgricultural research has been a very important factor in enhancing the productivity and competitiveness of the Canadian agri-food sector. Science and innovation have been identified as together forming one of the five pillars in the Canadian Agri-food Policy Framework (APF). A major focus of the science and innovation section of the APF is to plan to realign public and private research efforts into a more comprehensive strategic approach for research and innovation in Canada. Despite the importance of research and the need for a strategic approach, however, assessment of critical strategic research policy issues for the Canadian agri-food sector has been limited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Agricultural Economics Society in its journal CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 05 ()
Agricultural and Food Policy; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. K. Klein & B. Freeze & Allan M. Walburger, 1996. "Economic Returns to Yield-increasing Research on Wheat in Western Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 44(3), pages 207-208, November.
- Joseph G. Nagy & W. Hartley Furtan, 1978. "Economic Costs And Returns From Crop Development Research: The Case Of Rapeseed Breeding In Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 26(1), pages 1-14, 02.
- Ulrich, Alvin & Furtan, W Hartley & Schmitz, Andrew, 1986. "Public and Private Returns from Joint Venture Research: An Example from Agriculture," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 101(1), pages 103-29, February.
- Fox, Glenn & Roberts, Bruce & Brinkman, George L., 1992. "Canadian dairy policy and the returns to federal dairy cattle research," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(3), February.
- Fox, Glenn & Roberts, Bruce & Brinkman, George L., 1992. "Canadian dairy policy and the returns to federal dairy cattle research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 267-285, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.