Exploratory Research On Students` Opinions Regarding The Features Of The Educational Process In A Knowledge-Based Economy
AbstractKnowledge has always been central to social and human life. In the past decades, new forms of knowledge and technologies have emerged constantly in the knowledge-based economy, a new stage of the capitalist economic system. The aims of our paper are to render in brief the theoretical approaches related to the knowledge-based economy and to highlight the results of an exploratory research regarding students’ opinions on the main features of the educational process of a Marketing academic specialization in a knowledge-based economy. A set of two hypotheses was tested during our research by using qualitative and quantitative research methods. The data gathered were processed through the SPSS software. The results of our research, limited by its purpose, the size of the sample and of the questionnaire, show that the vast majority of students attach importance to the educational process in the knowledge-based economy. They appreciate the professionalism of the professors of the faculty and consider that the academic specialization provide them many opportunities to acquire new and useful knowledge in the knowledge society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 13 (2011)
Issue (Month): 30 (June)
knowledge-based economy; educational process; higher education in marketing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dinu Vasile, 2007. "Quality management in the academic context," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(22), pages 5.-6, June.
- Bogdan Gabriel Nistoreanu & Remus Ion Hornoiu & Puiu Nistoreanu, 2010. "The Adjustment of Perspective Among Students Regarding Protection of Educational Services’ Consumer," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(28), pages 348-359, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.